TT07....Own worst enemy?
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Good heavens ! This is an interesting debate.

As for the comment about the island becoming grid locked during the TT
period, I'd say you're right and the fact that some residents will kick up isn't far from the truth but will they be true 'Manxies'. I doubt it !
As I said before why do people move here without doing their research !
If they don't like it..................and it's being going on for a hundred years ! Before most of us today were born.
Whatever the powers decided there is always someone not happy but that's life, have a moan and move on, find something that makes you happy or put up with what's on offer and deal with it. Most of us have to if that's what you want.
Well Done again Paul and I hope you can sit back a little and enjoy the races........or perhaps not ! As you'll still be working, lol
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
28-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Website Find Reply
bikespotter Offline

Threads: 3

I think the court case that is mentioned was between the Department of Tourism and Leisure and the wife of a former Chief Minister. A number of comments in court where made about the alleged discrepancies made by the department.

Then there is the "Bounty" replica, the scheme to build a swimming pool in the Villa Marina Gardens and the problems at the Gaiety Theatre. Perhaps not much to do with racing then perhaps after all the problems with the Manx Electricity Authority I think all the 'Manxies' should look at their own electricty bill recently.

Back to TT 2007, I emailed the department about month ago to enquire about a some information about TT 2007. After 4 weeks and about 9 emails (of which some bounced back because I did not know that I was emailing the wrong person) I received a reply from an Office in London. I still have not quite got the information. I was just wondering has so much of TT 2007 been given to outside offices and how much is left based on the Isle of Man?

One finally thing, its seems that Mr P does not comment according to the website admin and does not like personal replies posted because he does not want to start a "bun-fight."
30-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
ZZR600 Offline

Threads: 0

Perhaps the simplest thing would be to just scrap the TT altogether?
30-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

BIKESPOTTER

Asking Paul Phillips to reply to every post is out of the question and a bit of a cheek to even ask him too. He is employed by a Government department to do a job, which most believe he is doing the best of his ability, Posting stupid comments on everything he does is childish, just let him get on with his job, if he wants to post he can and will when needed.

Carry on the good work Paul.
30-04-2007, 06:23 PM
bikespotter Offline

It was Paul Phillips who contacted me with a personal message. I did not ask him to comment or post a personal message. I asked if he would allow to post the comments on the forum and he declined. I accepted this as his wish and did not post his comments or any comments made privately by the site admin about the same message. Since then Paul Phillips had now changed the details in his information and would not call the original message stupid. The original posting was about the North West 200 rather than TT 2007. Also, regarding trying find information about TT 2007 I was redirected to an office in London when previously it was the Tourist Board on the Isle of Man. I do not expect him to comment as it is nothing to do with him and was trying to relate to the first message in the string.
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Find Reply
bikespotter Offline

THIS ONE NOT PAUL PHILLIPS

Try to stay with the theme of the posts on this string. If the qualification time is going to be 115 mph then a previous post has mentioned that this would make-up a field of about 30 riders when using time for the Senior Race TT 2006. This is getting back to racing in the 1930's with fields of 30-40 riders and starting intervals of 30 seconds. Perhaps it is time to consider a TT Support Race as there seems to be general interest in allowing Wade Boyde and Kevin Murphy to race. There is also a vacant slot in the race schedule where the Lightweight TT Race use to run. Perhaps also include 400cc and two-strokes to make a complete field. I think that race fans also like to see racing during TT week and not over extended practice sessions.

After first visiting the North West 200 over 20 years ago, I have consistently made comments to the TTMA and the MMCC about saftey issues seen at the North West 200 which could be applied to TT Races and Manx Grand Prix. I must admit that some saftey observations were specific to the North West 200 (eg the road surface, the older Portstewart to Coleraine section and the former Ballsallie Bridge.) Some of the more general and practical observations could have been applied sometime ago and actual seen at the Southern 100 Races and could have been paid for by selling the increased advertising space. It is not until TT 2002(?) or perhaps TT 2003 that the ACU started applying some of more general saftey practices that I had seen at the North West 200 nearly 20 years ago in a very limited way. This could also apply to some of the air-fences placed on the TT course in the last 10 days. I was going to mention some problems to the TTMA, although some air-fences have now been moved in the last couple of days. Keeping on track with this string, programmes are sold track-side at the Southern 100. With the North-West 200 most visitors are track-side from early Saturday morning only and is only natural to sell programmes trackside (there is also a problem with programmes being sold in the Coleraine area and the percentage the newspaper distributors demand.)

After last year asking the Tourist Board for some general information about the TT Races, I made some general remarks about safety issues. To my surprise these perhaps small points where passed to on to TT marshalls very quickly. This year again asking for information I was redirected to an office in London. I was just concerned about loosing the important local connection.

In clarifying the situation about the court case which was mentioned in previous post, it may not have been directly involved racing. There was also the problems with the "Bounty" replica and also which I forgot to mention the conversion of Jurby Airfield into a race circuit (the Minister was sacked), the TT Museum, the tram from Portugal (which was cut-up and burnt), the Tram sheds, the incomplete railway carriage, buying a fleet of single-decker buses which had to be replaced with a fleet of double-decker buses, trying to run trams in direct competiton with buses and finally I think there are some bowling lanes as well. Again with the problems with the Manx Electricity Authority perhaps the 'Manxies' and the TT Taliban should take a closer look at their electricity bills. I think perhaps if there is a safety issue then please make a comment it will eventually be taken-up.
05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

It is not Paul Phillips who forbids personal comments on this website it is TTwebsite admin, and it applies to everyone, not just to comments made about Paul.
The site and this board are about the TT, and to a limited extent about other forms of motorcycle racing.
While it is also about the people involved, it is not a vehicle for insults or character assassination... just try and the witch will zap you.
05-05-2007, 12:50 PM