Daily Mail TT information?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Daily Mail TT information?
Did anyone get the "Mail" today and eventually get to page 32 ??

Dear Lord !!!!

I would not be surprised if Milky Quayle hasn't slapped out a letter from his lawyer/solicitor on the subjects of defamation of character ( Milkys a No-Brainer) and defamation of the TT (all the graveyards).

What a strange article, written in the way we are trying to eliminate because it did nowt for the TT....All death and accidents, body parts going AWOL..

I wish Nick Harris would bring back his article when he was a sidecar passenger some years ago..He told it sensibly yet made us all feel awe-inspired at a journalist doing a lap at high speed and enjoying it after he had got his breath back.. That told us what it really was like...

And did Milky really do 166 mph on the open roads...?

Sorry, as a TTFAN I found the article to be against all I think good about the TT and should have been checked and censored before being allowed to be published in a national newspaper. What will my neighbours think ?

"Huntlys off to that bloody mad race yet again !!" ???

I remember a journalist coming into the press off one year and asking where he could go to see an accident....

He was sent up to Governors and I don't think he was welcome any more that year..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

I agree this is just a silly tart getting taken for a ride (ha ha) at the expense of the IOM,and Milky should be ashamed of himself for getting involved but then he does like to play the hero.166 open roads = co
mplete pratt, even if was BS your average Mail reader will take it all in.

I was not at all impressed with the article
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Read it here. Sensationalist garbage for the masses to swallow (sorry Bill):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/fe...ge_id=1879
08-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Very controversial article. Badly chosen words. I guess it was meant to sound "sensational".
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

What was milky thinking about. They don,t need any more fuel to slag off the TT
09-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

What a load of rubbish that was. I don't read or buy the Daily Mail anyway... right wing trash... MCN without the road tests on gloves.
I have posted a comment on their site, but I bet it vanishes.
09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
cargo
Unregistered

I have the sad job of helping to produce newspapers (not the Mail as it happens)
They are all rubbish except possibly for the Daily Telegraph.

Frankly I don't care which third rate celebrity is sleeping with which.

Interestingly I've not noticed a lot of TT coverage...............yet
09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

A total waste of space......dressed up garbage............
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Come on you lot, its a class story, a bit of fun thats all, its a good job she aint got test tickles or poor old Milky would have got a good rogering Big Grin
09-05-2007, 06:17 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

A "class story?"
Just about sums up the attitude of so many.
It is SO not the story that we need for the TT,
Add the nsurance debacle and we could see serious problems for the TT.

MV
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

You are right MV,for goodnes sake 600ft ravines,166 mph on open roads,Milky hitting a wall at 120 mph,losing a mate at Ballagarey nah he crashed and went home in a coffin.

In my book Milky Quayle is a right pratt.
09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I considered Milky to be a bit of a legend.
If he has been fairly represented then this is very poor to say the least.

MV
09-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Not read the newspaper article nor will do, but met Milky a couple of times.

One of the nicest most genuine people i have had the oportunity to speak too.

That will do for me 8)
09-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

I THNK AN ARTICLE LIKE THIS IS THE LAST THING THE TT NEEDS.

FIRSTLY WE HAD THE TT BEING DESCRIBED AS 'THE MOST DANGEROUS RACE IN THE WORLD' (CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG} BY PAUL PHILLIPS WHEN IN THE PAST IT WAS PROMOTED AS THE MOST DEMANDING RACE IN THE WORLD AND THE SUPREME CHALLENGE FOR RIDER AND MACHINE.

NOW WE HAVE IT BOASTFULLY BEING DESCRIBED AS THE SPORTS VENUE WHERE TRAGIC DEATHS AND CRIPPLING INJURIES ARE THE NORM AND ONLY TO EXPECTED, I WATCHED THE VIDEO OF MR QUALS HORRENDOUS ACCIDENT ON U TUBE AND THE ONLY THING IT DID FOR ME WAS MADE MY BLOOD RUN COLD, AND HE WAS LUCKY TO BE ALIVEIHAVE BEEN IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THREE TRAGIC FATALITIES AT THE TT AND ONE AT THE SOUTHERN. THE GORY REFERENCE TO 'BODY PARTS' I FOUND PARTICULARLY APPALING, WERE DID PERONELLA WYATT GET THAT FROM?

JN THE 71 SENIOR I HAD A START TO FINNISH SCRAP WITH THE LATE
LEN WILLIAMS WHO WAS RIDING AN AERMACCHI, WE WERE ALSO SHARING A GARAGE A FATAL INCIDENT OCCURED COMING OUT OF KIRKMICHEAL BY A RIDER WHO PAST US ON THE WRONG LINE THAT NEARLY INVOLVED'

LATER WHEN THE FAIRING WAS REMOVED, PRESENT WHO ALSO SHARED THE GARAGE WERE ALBERT MOULE, BOB HEATH AND TRAVELLING MARSHALL JACK HARDING, SUFFICE TO SAY WE WERE ALL SICKENED AND DISTRESSED AT WHAT WAS IMBEDDED IN THE ENGINE TO THE POINT THAT YOUNG HEATHY VOMITED ON THE GARAGE FLOOR.

THE INCIDENT AT THE SOUTHERN WAS COMING OUT OF THE BOMB HOLE IN A 250 RACE, I FINISHED AND IN THE PADDOCK JUST GRABBED THE STAND LIFTED THE REAR OF THE BIKE AND WALKED AWAY FROM THE BACK OF IT TO THE TEA CARAVAN, A SCRUTINEER CAME UP TO ME AND HIS WORDS WERE FOR ****SAKE TOM CAN YOU GET SOMETHIHG TO COVER YOUR BIKE UP OR PUT IT IN THE VAN, I HAD RACED ON THING THE UNFORTUNATES MACHINE HAD SPRAYED OIL, IT WAS'NT OIL,
AND I HAD PARKED THE BIKE FACING THE BACK OF GEORGE FORGARTY'S VAN WHO HE HAD TRAVELLED OVER WITH.

I MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR DESCRIBING THESE FACTS.

THATS THE REALITY OF THESE TRAGEDIES THAT SADLY BESET
OUR SPORT, NOT ONLY IS IT DISTRESSING FOR THOSE OF US WHO LOSE GOOD FRIENDS BUT IT IS CATASTROPHIC FOR WIVES, CHILDREN AND FAMILY OF THOSE WHO ARE KILLED OR LJE IN COMAS FOR MONTHS ON END BEFFORE SUCCUMING TO THEIR INJURIES OR SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES CRIPPLED MENTALLY OF PHYSICALLY.

PERSONALLY I THINK THE DM ARTICLE WAS A DISGRACE AND COULD DO IMMENSE DAMAGE TO THE IMAGE OF THE TT TO ORDINARY LAY PEOPLE AND ADDS AMMUNITION TO THOSE WHO WISH TO SEE IT STOPPED AND THERE COULD BE A FEW BRIEFS, SILKS AND ELF AND SAFETY BRTGADIERS WHO HAVE FILED THAT ONE AWAY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

MADNESS IN THE EXTREME TO PRTOMOTE THE TT AS THE MOST DANGEROUS RACE IN THE WORD AND TALK THE THE PRESS ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING CARTED OF IN BOXES AND DISMEMBERED HUMANS REMAINS, 166 MPH OM PUBLIC ROADSAND POPPING WHEELIES WITH A PASSENGER WHO HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE BACK OF A BIKE BEFORE. MENTAL.

THE ORDINARY JOE READING THAT LOT MUST THINK JEEZ THATS SOME FESTIVAL WHERE THEY THINK THAT DANGER DEATH AND DISMEMBENT IS SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

She's the woman who had an affair with Boris Johnson...
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

A woman of culture and taste then . . . . . . . .

Takes after her late father obviously.

:roll:
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Well I think she enjoyed the ride, just look at the smile on her face, shes only taking the 'pee', if she wanted too she could have gone to town with the story. Hopefully if all goes well at the TT this year the tales of doom will fade away with the departing happy fans
10-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: Daily Mail TT information?
Tom you as always are straight to the point, i never read newspapers as well in a word all they print is adverts,  AND THE REST IN THESE PAPERS IS bullcrap. and guess what these so called professional journanlists have the bloody cheek to pick up there 50K  salary?
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2015, 06:02 PM by Malcolm.)
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

FC Wrote:Well I think she enjoyed the ride, just look at the smile on her face, shes only taking the 'pee', if she wanted too she could have gone to town with the story. Hopefully if all goes well at the TT this year the tales of doom will fade away with the departing happy fans

YOUR RIGHT SHE HAD ENOUGH TO DO REAL SERIOUS DAMAGE TO THE TT.

LIKE YOU I HOPE EVERYONE RIDERS AND PUNTERS DEPARTS HAPPY AND IN ONE PIECE AND WALKS OR DRIVES THERE BIKE OR VAN ONTO THE BOAT HOMES SAFELY.

"REMEMBER TAKE YOUR TIME AND JUST DO YOUR BEST THE OBJECT IS TO HOPEFULLY GET A REP AND THEN DRIVE YOUR OWN VAN BACK ON THE BOAT", TERRY SHEPHERD IN THE GARAGE BEFORE MY FIRST MGP PRACTICE.

WELL YOU KNOW ME PYKEY. THEM BAILIFFS STILL SNAPPING AT YOUR ASS?
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
10-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

I think that the worst thing about this is that the stupid women atually thinks she is a good writer.

Even with that I don't know who I am more disappoined with. The Government who arranged this piece of garbage or Milky for doing this sort of thing on an obvious regular basis if the quickest with a pillion before was 160mph and now a fruitful 166mph. He must realise that this sort of coverage, or what they, the Government obviously thought was great PR, can only do harm to the reputation of the TT. Or an I wrong, if so can someone please explain to me how this can be positive PR at a time that people are going to be gunning for the TT.

I like to think I know Milky and to tell you the truth I hope this is total rubbish about what he said about his mate. I am sure Milky has alot more respect for his fellow riders and those that have gone before him.

I think its just a woman trying to make her way to the top and not giving a rubbish how she does it. The thing is the people who arranged this should learn that no matter what the press say to you before they enjoy their jolly, this is no guarantee about the final outcome. Maybe they should learn about the right to view what is being published before it goes to print. I can not blame the Editor of the paper as he is only interested in what will sell his rag. But she should be ashamed of the lies and should maybe from now on look towards the fiction section rather than the factual section.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Find Reply