BBC coverage
thewitch
Unregistered

BBC coverage
Please, please, please... everyone write to the BBC and congratulate them on the impressive coverage of the North West. How I wish they were doing the same for the TT Centenary.
People all over the world followed the NW live. It was brilliant (or as Phillp Macallen would say "unbelievable!")
13-05-2007, 09:07 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
NW200
What a great way to spend a day glued to a PC with full screen picture and helicopter views of some awesome racing.

Yes, The IOM would benefit from a similar setup with cameras at a few vantage spots (It doesn't have to be a lot) and the coverage with sensible commentaries, MMMMMhMMM, and interviews was second to none.

Did anyone see a commentary recently (motorbikes) where someone said "the only way to stop him would be to shoot him" (Not the BBC)

The commentary went off air to leave us with picture only..

When sound came back, the commentator intimated that they had been temporarily censored because of the remark which was considered to be unacceptable.

THINK you silly boys !!!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
13-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Re: BBC coverage
thewitch Wrote:Please, please, please... everyone write to the BBC and congratulate them on the impressive coverage of the North West. How I wish they were doing the same for the TT Centenary.
People all over the world followed the NW live. It was brilliant (or as Phillp Macallen would say "unbelievable!")

I did do just exactly that Helen during a break in the racing.
Given that I don't like the NW200 mostly because of the once a year fans and I use the term fan very loosely. The BBC coverage was better then being there.

Perhaps readers would like to know that a drunk spectater was hit by a bike during one of the 600 races. you can read all about on paddock gossip forum the thread is titled "two idiots"
14-05-2007, 04:58 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Cargo,

that is appalling news about the drunks.
For those who dont know, how do we get to paddock gossip and forum?

MV
14-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

This has been a big problem for many years. Whereas here in the Isle of Man, in general there is a realisation that it is dangerous, and the police stamp hard on transgressors, the NW, with its miles of fields by the course, and the problem of drunks, has always been scary.
To be honest when I go there, it is for the atmosphere in te paddock area, not the racing.. I'm not really into speed for itself.. I'd rather see the corner skills... for me the Man of the Meeting was Guy Martin, making up on the twisty bits the losses he made on the straights because his bike was so much slower (by he way, I am SO sick of hearing Steve parrish refer to "straightaways"... this is not America... they are "straights"!! Rant over!!!)
I remember in the early 90s seeing 2 drunks on top of the bridge/tunnel. They slept there the entire day, never saw a race, and must have had severe sunburn by the time they woke.
14-05-2007, 08:25 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

14-05-2007, 08:28 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

I could not agree more about the "straightaways" comment.
But then Jumbo always did think he was trendy!
My other pet Americanism is the one when ordering food.
"Can I get ........"
Yuk
Our language is being raped.....
Rant over!!

MV

PS, thanks for the link
14-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Regular, when they mean normal, standard or ordinary...arrgh..
14-05-2007, 08:51 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Its funny, its not the same thing at all when I hear my Scottish friends and their use of the language. Its traditional and endearing. The same goes for the Welsh yes thats you Pammy!) AND Yorkshire folk.
Long live accents and regional diferences, but lets not go American!

2nd rant over!!

MV
14-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Website Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Hey you Guy's, remember I'm married to a [gawd dang :wink: ] Yank!
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
15-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Noddy Wrote:Hey you Guy's, remember I'm married to a [gawd dang :wink: ] Yank!

Please tell us Noddy does your wife actually use that expression............"gawd dang"
15-05-2007, 11:03 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Noddy, or Noddys wife!
Americans
Love ya but dont wanna be ya!

MV
15-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Long story :roll: , her 'Mom' was originally from Belfast and her 'Pop' was from St. Helens, both emigrated to the States, met and settled down in California and both retired back to Dublin in the eighties.

As for me? Ich bin eine Dubliner :wink:
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
15-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Find Reply