Must keep my mouth shut - Sorry Cam!
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Must keep my mouth shut - Sorry Cam!
I was very disappointed to hear about Cameron Donalds accident and injury. All the more so because he wont be at the TT.
Now cargo will confirm that I was raving about his riding while we were at Cookstown.
I said "I forecast that Cameron Donald will win a big one at the TT"
Actually Cargo as of the same mind.

So, why the "keep my mouth shut?"
Well, going back to the 60s and 70s when I watched a lot of racing, especially at Brands and the TT, I became infamous amongst my friends for my "curse"
Simply explained, I would praise a rider "Paul Smarts going well!" only to have him break down shortly after! More often than not, they would actually come to a stop close to where I was watching!
This happened with Paul Smart at the TT and as he rolled to a stop, I moved away!

Now I kno this is superstitious rubbish, but.....

I did actually tell Paul Smart about the "part" that I played in his career
when I chatted to him at one of my TT parties. He took it well and was quite amused in fact. "Oh it was YOUR fault?!"

So, I really am sorry Cam!
Get well soon.
If anyone hears me start to praise...... shut me up!

MV

PS, does this mean a spare entry for soemone who was excluded?
Irish Ago or Wade?
Just a thought!
14-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Website Find Reply
Beatster Offline

Threads: 0
Re: Must keep my mouth shut - Sorry Cam!
MV Wrote:MV

PS, does this mean a spare entry for soemone who was excluded?
Irish Ago or Wade?
Just a thought!

Think that is what the reserve list is for MV, due to the nature of the sport I don't think they assume all riders will be fit to make the start.
15-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

??

Thats quick of you....!

MV
15-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
sorry cam
I know its not the place to put this but ill just answer the above its funny how things come about but at this point in time it looks like all the reserve riders will be slotted in even before practice starts as there are at least 5 riders out of TT 07 for verious reasons withdraw and injury. Just a thought they should let everybody practice and if your not in the fastest 85 you dont get a Ride simple.......all the best for TT 07 Irish Ago....
16-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Website Find Reply