FC
Unregistered

23-05-2007, 11:53 PM
FC
Unregistered

24-05-2007, 12:10 AM
TT TECH Offline

Threads: 5

MV, do you think auntie BBC news may be interested in doing a national story, after all they have been on about a dozen football fans throwing chairs in Greece tonight.

Perhaps we could direct them to these threads to give them some idea of the anger and total disruption they cause to thousands of people.

It never fails to amaze me how somthing of this magnitude never makes national news, then again sport with wheels never does...........
Clubmen Suport Themselves
24-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

My 'other arf, Pamela was on that for sometime yesterday. She spoke to a couplf of BBC people who promised to pursue it through the BBC IOM corresponent. The Daily Mail didnt want to know but the SUN appeared interested.

Coming back to this at dawn this morning, I feel no less angry. But this anger is now on behalf of the real hard luck stories. Those who have been badly let down by the Racket. I have ony been slightly robbed. A day of my holiday has been stolen from me. I will be deprived of the first practice session. This is, of course, of nothing else happens.... After all, the company terms and conditions mean that they can screw us abot with ipunity.
But there are clearly some who have had their holidays damaged beyond repair.

I am a little disappointed that there is not MORE anger and adverse reaction.

The petition idea has merit, but who wants to give up more of their holiday to put it to action?

Unless we get some real publicity for the sitation, we wont achieve anything.

Our longer term options involve voting with our feet.

MV
24-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Website Find Reply
TT TECH Offline

Threads: 5

Clubmen Suport Themselves
24-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

While I see what you are getting at, I would ask you to please respect the staff on the boats. It is not their fault and some of them have been getting dog's abuse. That's not on... they have to work for the company... can't imagine they get good treatment either.
24-05-2007, 05:16 PM
veefour Offline

Threads: 16

thewitch wrote:-

While I see what you are getting at, I would ask you to please respect the staff on the boats. It is not their fault and some of them have been getting dog's abuse. That's not on... they have to work for the company... can't imagine they get good treatment either.

Well said, lets remember we are all members of an elitist group, TT FANS.
Not a load of football hooligans.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
24-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13

I live in Falmouth, Cornwall, and i wonder how long it would take to put our bikes on a boat and sail direct to the island

It could turnout to be a more reliable option.

If my memory serves me correctly, we had a Super Seacat in the docks for repair last year, and no, it was not the IOM Seacat, so you can'y blame the workmanship in the Falmouth Ship Repair Co. I think she was in to have the cracks in the hull repaired, because i am led to believe that this is a problem with the Seacats, due to the speed they travel at, well most of them apart from the Manx ones.
24-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Just found out that our return sailing has been changed from 07.30 to 11.30am without them contacting me :twisted: :twisted:

I just found out by chance, by ringing them to confirm my original sailings and what i had paid for.

With a 400 mile trip home, it now looks like we won't be arriving home ti'll late.
25-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I'm booked to travel with my van on the 7th June Thursday morning at 06.45 from Belfast.

Out of idle curosity I've just tried to book a foot passenger on that sailing and guess what I can't cos it's gone there is no sailing on 7th June from Belfast.
But have the Shame Racket told me nope not a word

Guess I've got to join the long list of people waiting on the phone in the morning.

:twisted:
25-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Hi all,

I rang the Head Office of Macquarie Bank yesterday in Australia and was advised that the London Office was the appropriate branch to be in contact with. Luckily the staff member knew the Steam Packet Co as she had worked in the London branch and that nobody here would know what I was talking about. She was going to contact the Assets Managers there and give them my details. As yet I have not had a reply however have done the best for you from this end. Maybe some of you could make some phone calls to them next week. It's not good for the Bank's reputation. Is it possible they know nothing about the fiasco.
26-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Got through on the phone a few minutes ago.

"We sent you a letter"................ they said ...........liars I said

"We'll send you an e-mail"........... they said........... not yet they haven't

If I had not phoned I would never have known about the change and because the change involves sailing over 7 hours earlier I woud have missed my crossing and been left stuck at home.

I hate them,,,,,,,,,, I hate them......... I hate them

Mago it's time to knock up another t shirt
26-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

T shirts---now that's a good idea! Shame we can't get somebody to sponsor them so they don't cost much.Just imagine thousands of them circulating the island, with "Isle of Man Steam RACKET" emblazoned on them.Perhaps Martin Bullock would like to help Lol I really would like to help out, but I am busy working at Nobles Hospital in between marshalling at Joey's,packing to move house,and looking after our house guest ( Gail's mechanic).I will do anything I can to help out,like distributing petitions,questionnaires etc., but I feel really angry that I can't do more at the moment.
26-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Goodness me, Cargo.
That was a close call!
I honestly believe that the normally laid back and cool Stephen Carr just MIGHT have lost i ton the quayside had that all happened!
I hope we all get across now, as "promised."
Its a shame that its now almost too late for t-shirts.
I think sponsorship or a donation to the helicopter fund would have been good. I think Messrs Bullock and O'Neil might be interested.....
If anything does happen, I will want one.

Well, "Delta Flyer" is now loaded to set off to Liverpool.
I have a mixture of the usual TT excitement, plus anxiety over the sailings.
Have fun everyone and go safe and come back well.

MV and Pamela
26-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

And in any case we'd be better buying an Irish Ago t shirt as it's for a very good cause ! And they are very nice. Well Done Ago.
Half money goes to Joey Dunlop Foundation and can't remember what the other half was............see Irish Ago T shirts.............

We don't really want to give the Racket any more publicity !! I think all this corruption of sailings has created enough ! Evil
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
26-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Website Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Hilary M Wrote:T shirts---now that's a good idea! Shame we can't get somebody to sponsor them so they don't cost much.Just imagine thousands of them circulating the island, with "Isle of Man Steam RACKET" emblazoned on them.

What we want is something short and sharp, which drives home the point.

i remember in the 1980s, when they used to pump the fuel out of your tanks, we had t-shirts made up with, "TT84 STOMACH PUMPED OUT", but that was a fun thing.

Thinking caps on please. Heres one idea, but there are too many words.

TT 2007 "STEAM PACKET CAN'T ORGANISE A 'pee' UP IN A BREWERY" :twisted:
or

"STEAM PACKET RACKET"
" NO BOAT, CAN'T COPE"
TT 2007
26-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

PACK IT IN
STEAM PACKET!

[Image: titanic%20sinking.jpg]
26-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Acccording to AIS theres two ships heading to Douglas right now

Balmoral and Riverdance

Never heard of them ??
26-05-2007, 12:39 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Riverdance belongs to Flatley Ferries and Balmoral is a royal boat.
Seriously, I have noticed both of these ships going around the Island before.

Stop worrying me before I set off!

MV
26-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Balmoral is a steamship that operates passenger cruises here for a few days each year - including one to Strangford Lough. Cargo, if all else fails just wait at Portaferry and jump on. Why couldn't the Packet lease that for a while and get some of their stranded passengers across?

I believe that Riverdance is one of the cargo boats shipping supplies to the IoM at this busy time.
26-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Find Reply