Hilary Musson
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
Hilary Musson
I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, messages and phone calls in these last few hours. We are very grateful and I will briefly say that my Mum is still in a critial condition but not life threatening.
She has received horrendous damage to both legs whilst marshalling,
and at this stage I wish to say we are thinking of everyone else involved and send sympathy to all families and friends.

Gail, John, David & Adrian
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

give the old bat all our best gail Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
might get to meet her one day :wink:
sincere condolences to the other poor souls.
ade! and deb.
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Gail and David,

Please pass our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to your Mum.
Our full condolences to all involved at this sad and difficult time.

Conor and Eileen
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I also have been told that Keith McKay's partner, who is the other injured marshal, has a broken arm and is very bumped and battered, but will be ok.
My heart goes out to the friends and relatives of the rider and spectators who died. A terrifying and awful end to the TT.
08-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

We are thinking of you Hilary. We hope for a speedy recovery. And our thoughts are with all those involved.
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Just heard the news re Hilary.

Shocked and stunned as this tragedy unfolds.

Sending all our love and thoughts to a lady who has been a special friend.

Stella, Alex Bryan and Grant
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have just heard the news also thinking of you and all the families of those involved in this tragic accident.
09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sincere condolences to the families and friends of those involved in this terrible accident.

I hope that Hilary and Keith Mckays partner both make a full recovery.

ammo
09-06-2007, 01:25 PM
dieselglider Offline

Threads: 3

Likewise, condolences to the families of the fatally injured. Also, best wishes for a full recovery, mentally as well as physically, for those unsung heroes, the injured marshalls.
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

We got back from the Island at 6pm last night.
As we queued at the sea terminal in Douglas, I caught the news about Hilary.
The 26th incident had already left us stunned, but the fact that Hilary was involved just added a new horrible dimension.
I have never met her, but have known of her through her racing exploits and subsequently through here.
I found it particularly poignant that "two of ours" (Hilary and Shaun Harris) had suffered during this TT.
Then I thought again and realised that because they ARE "ours", they have a huge support network and that is a real positive.
May I offer my sympthies to Shauns family and wish them every strength to cope during this difficult time.
I also wish the offer condolences to the bereaved.
Finally, best wishes and loving thoughts to the Musson family, close and "wider"

Get well soon Hilary.

As I said to the Witch on the phine last night, now we now why she had to be on theIsland at this time.
I have no doubt that she will be very supportive.

MV
10-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Website Find Reply
G Jones Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Re: Hilary Musson
GriffMuss Wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts,
Gail, John, David & Adrian
Just like to add my myself to the list of well-wishers....
Hilary would probably not remember me - but we started our TT careers in the same year I think (1978)
I think your mum would probably agree that it was a magical year with Mike Hailwood's return....
If she was anything like me - it may have been some of the reason why she had to keep returning - you can never get it out of your system...- but then you know that ?
Such a cruel thing to have happened - I hope the support & messages help a little - it's pretty much all we can do at the moment.
I have only recently joined this forum - but have read some of Hilary's posts - seems she is quite a "battler" - & "fighter of injustice" - she is to be admired greatly for that - hopefully some of that spirit will carry her through & help in her recovery.
I haven't seen hilary for many years - and hadn't realised the family had moved "over" until reading on here.
I see a link to the Running site on another forum - hadn't realised she is now a "runner" - that takes courage & "guts" too - I know - I have a wife who took up running when we stopped racing sidecar (just completed the London Marathon)
Sorry for the lengthy post - please pass on our regards...
Gordon & Julie Jones
10-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

"MV" put it very well. Shaun and Hilary were close to those of us who regularly use this forum and it is more of a shock hearing of them being hurt. I've met Hilary in person quite a few times round the paddock at the MGP over the years and she has always been chatty and keen as mustard.

My thoughts to all those injured and wishing them a full and speedy recovery.
11-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Hi Everyone
Just to let you all know my Mum is still critial but stable and David & I
are trying to update daily.
For those interestered in her well being see this link:-
http://www.manxathletics.com
click on the link Hilary Musson or forum
We are very much up and down, we thank all of you that have send texts, emails and messages on the boards.
We can't thank enough the extended medical team at Nobles Hospital, absolutely special people.
Gail, John & David
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
13-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Gail thankyou so much for keeping us all updated with you mums courageous fight.

You all have never been far from our thoughts and prayers since the news of the tragic accident happened, made worse when we all began to realise how well we knew, and cared about your lovely mum.

Love and best wishes to yourself, david and john.

Stella, Alex and boys.
13-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Hi Everyone
Just a quickie, Mum is still very poorly and its very much a rollercoaster at this time. Hopefully we'll see some improvement in the next few days.
Gail
18-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Mum still remains poorly tonight. We hope for better tomorrow.....

Thanks for the many cards that arrive daily, just unbelieveable!
18-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

Praying for all concerned
Baylon
18-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

No real changes over night for Mum, They are going to be helping her with other things today, so hope this will help bring her along a little more.
Please continue to use http://www.manxathletics.com & go to forum for updates on Hilary as it saves me time not having to put update on every website !
THANKS.
19-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Come on Mum wake up !!
We're waiting......................
21-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

You need a bigger shout Gail.

Come on gang!!
All together

W A K E UP

H I L A R Y!!!!!

For all those amongst us who believe in such things, talk to the Angels
to help with an awakening......