TTFansbook
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
04-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32

Ian I was absorbed in your fascinating story right up to the Eric Oliver page, and then there was an error which spoiled the fun! Was that your end or mine?
I remember the 1966 episode, as for once I was able to watch the whole of the TT and not just practice. My old man seconded me to the Daily Telegraph Motoring Correspondent, Colin Dryden, for the two weeks. It was probably pushing it a bit to have a lad in shorts with a "Press" armband, but I did get to places where you wouldn't dream of these days.
Yes, they were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end!
Honda twins,fives,sixes, MVs, Yamahas, Suzukis. Jawas, ah well!
04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Not you Nick there is a fault on connecting to that page.Same problem here. Good tale Ian. 1966 also sticks in my memory as after the June cancellation getting there was difficult with the bikes and van.Finished up on a cargo ship taking a load of coal to the island.
04-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

One of your links are missing Ian...
Sort it old boy lol.......
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
current
No real problem folks, I'm still wildly punching the keyboard with more trash from my past..............................links will be added as I go along..The blockage/fault/connection is because it stops there at the moment...

These articles you are seeing are all from my older websites and are being revamped at present with the addition of many more pics and details so what you are seeing is basically a skeleton forming the basis of a book I would love you all to read when or if it ever comes out. Chapters are indicated as "00" showing that thet are not in order yet . I have chapters on the stocks entitled "The TT Girls", "Tynwald Millenium" and "Hizzy" almost completed but I can see from this string that you all have similar stories to tell from the "Fan Angle" which is so much different from the rider/official/entrant/media books which fill the shelves at present. My personal memories are first hand and not revamped stories told by others...

I really do want to produce something before the brain starts dissolving, I have so much in the loft/bookcase/garage which could be used to make a "beentheredoneit" thome which would jog a lot of good and happy memories in others who love the TT as much as I do.....

I'll continue working on it, but I don't want to publish too much on my website because no one will buy the book if they have read it already on the internet !!

However, I would be interested to know if you lot would buy such a book ??? Is there a place for such a publication ???

Your answers on a postcard .........or something ..

Thanks for your comments Nick, yes, it was wondeful in them there days and my Dad (who actually raced against your dad) was a close friend of Tommy Ryan (Clerk Of The Course) and Bill Lisle (Asst) who presented me with an official armband and I was but 10 years of age...with the insurance requirements and HASAWA of today it would not be allowed but in those days, to me it was the best thing I had ever received.....And I NEVER EVER abused it !!

Today, it seems that a number of persons with tabards and passes abuse their position, for instance, the "wall" of photographers at the re-enactment, blocking the view from the "paying public" was unforgiveable. And, you know, we ain't seen many "official" photos since...I have more on my website !!

When I qualified for a Media pass I was given a rare chance to introduce the wonders of the TT to new media representatives who came to the press office...

All the best to the rest....
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
04-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6

Wonderful Ian!!!
I wanna buy one at once.
Michael
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

I would buy a copy Ian of course it will need to be signed tho, keep up the fab work...
05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian i will certainly buy you book a long time overdue.
05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
shuffler Offline

Threads: 0

Yes , an excellent idea.
shuffler
shuffler
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Put me down for a copy.
It would become a classic!

MV
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

The Book Continued
Because the book is now filling up my own TT website, it has been transferred to my other new site http://www.ttsuperbikes.com

I hope you are all still enjoying my personal ramblings, apparently from the e-mails I am receiving, you are.

Lots more to come, the old brain is working at high speed...while it can !!

Please note: what you are reading is a mere skeleton of what I have planned..
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

more pages
There a few more pages for you to read..
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
22-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Website Find Reply