Roy Moorisms
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Roy Moorisms
I believe that those of us spectating at, or listening to Manx Radio coverage of, bike racing on the Island are witnessing the emergence of a new interest - Forget Colemanballs, this is Moorisms. :oops:

His commentary at last year's S100 included the following,
"And I can hear the leaders approaching Cross Fourways now.........but I can't see them yet as our view is blocked by a bush that is sticking out....."
Roy's voice is interrupted by the loud sound of bikes roaring past his commentary point and accelerating away towards Church Bends. Listeners everywhere wait impatiently for news of the order of the leadership, and then Roy resumes, "I think it's a bit of an ivy bush......."

He made some memorable statements during the past few days, many of which virtually received a round of applause from groups of amazed listeners around the course, including, "I can hear the first bike approaching now.........this should be a good indicator of who the leader is!"

I've not heard the word "hammering" applied to bike racing with such frequency before, but it is part of the rich vein of entertainment that Roy brings to the sport.

Please start a string to add to this collection.

[Image: ajlooking.jpg]
13-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Find Reply
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

Roy is one of though unique guys, that loves what he does, & is not afraid of making a "murryism"

"The wind is blowing the brezze away" was one that springs to mind, & iam sure there are plenty more

You should hear him when he does one of his quiz nites,, A great night all round
Looking forward to hearing him at the manx along with Maurice,
13-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

Roy always signs off his Quiz Nights with the words "If you've enjoyed yourselves tonight, my name's Roy Moore. If you haven't, my name's Geoff Cannell"!
13-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Find Reply
Ben Oates Offline

Threads: 2

Roy is absolutely top notch. I think he had a "tremendous" week at the bikes this week.
13-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Roy Moore is absolutely tremendous and I'll hammer anyone who says otherwise.
13-07-2007, 05:23 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

I think this is a tremendyus idea - truly outstanding!

[Image: TH1_136200747Moore,%20Roy%20(screengrab%...%2007).jpg]
13-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Find Reply