cargo
Unregistered

foot and mouth is back
04-08-2007, 04:48 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=8428

Hope and pray, folks, hope and pray.
All we have to lose is an event, farmers and their stock have everything to lose.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news?articleid=3086557
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

Bloody marvelous just when I'm planning my trip as well, i'm a damm jinx
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

Ulster Grand Prix...........fingers crossed. No restrictions on movements in NI as yet; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6930942.stm

alf
04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

Why is the island panacking. In England there is no restiction on footpaths other than in the near area. If they do stop the MGP are they going to shut the island down. The last time this happened we were racing at aintree with people from the island. Some people would be covered by compensation but the poor riders who at this point in time have collectivley spent a small fortune preparing would be left to pick up the bill. Why don't they just restrict the spectator places. People have made holiday arrangements to get to the island, time of work, hotels paid for, ferries paid for. Whilst i don't want to appear insensitive to the islands people, alot of people have invested alot of time and effort to get to this stage of preperation, i just hope that somebody some where may spare a thought for the riders
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

I think there is to be some sort of statement/announcement on Monday regarding the situation. Personally I'm quite confident that the MGP will go ahead, as this time the UK government have acted quickly with regard to stopping the spread of foot and mouth instead of dilly dallying around until its too late like last time. I believe that the wheel washers etc were put in place at the ferry port in Douglas today. Lets just hope this is a minor glitch before we get too despondant. If of course, the decsion is an unfavourable one, then I'll be declaring Monday as an official day of mourning!!! and writing to my MP to see who's gonna pay for my unusable ferry ticket and refund the two weeks unrefundable advance payment I have had to make cover my job whilst away. A positive for the island economy though............... Just think of all the money certain people will save when the don't have to spill so much diesel on the roads for two weeks Lol Lol Lol :twisted:
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

I agree i hope somebody some where may think of us.
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Sadly I think we're

[Image: Screwed_-_2.jpg]
04-08-2007, 10:01 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Remind me, someone, was anyone actually charged with deliberately spreading the disease last time?
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Cargo why use a hundred words when one picture says it all.

unfortunately I think they have to make a decision soon, I just hope they make a good one.... or should I say the right one for the right reasons
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

John Foster Wrote:Remind me, someone, was anyone actually charged with deliberately spreading the disease last time?

They carn't this time Mr Foster as it looks as though it was the Government themselves that started this all off lol.......... Lol Lol :wink:

I was down Port St Mary the other day with my GF and was tempted to pop into the Famous cake making empire down there but was scared of the church goers next door.......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

Looks like yet another own goal! alf
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Well, if the poo does hit the fan, it looks like we can all sue the Institute for Animal Health.

Some consolation :?:

Don't think it will come to that, though.

smilie
04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
samwise Offline

Threads: 4

shipleymanx Wrote:Why don't they just restrict the spectator places. People have made holiday arrangements to get to the island, time of work, hotels paid for, ferries paid for.

Remember that marshals don't always stand in lay-bys or on pavements, and incidents sometimes end up in fields. The helicopter would also have to land in a field to pick up injured riders etc.

Hopefully it'll come out that the outbreak started with the laboratory, and is thus confined to that area, but only time will tell on that front.
04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

John Shand wrote a very serious item containing some sound advice for the IoM Government about defending the Island against F&M. Has anyone got a copy of it that they could post on here?
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

I don't know about any body else but at this point i would take it that even if they said that if there were no more outbreaks other than local between now and next sat, then we can get the go ahead. I just hope they don't just say on Monday thats it, when i looks like it might be confined to one area
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Find Reply