PLEASE MARSHAL
cargo
Unregistered

PLEASE MARSHAL
I'm getting some very bad news regarding marshals right now I'm under the impression that Saturdays practise will not be run thanks to the weather and a lack of marshals.

Quite why people don't marshal is beyond me there's allsorts of reasons for doing it and yet still there will be people standing roadside next week complaining that practise is delayed because there aren't enough marshals
Well stop complaining and get off your bottom and DO something about it.

One day soon there will be no Manx or TT if this situation continues.
I've enjoyed the Manx and while I can I'll continue to race at the Manx.

But take it from me no marshals means no racing. I've had my fun do you want to continue to watch others having fun ?????

SIGN ON AND MARSHAL YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE
16-08-2007, 04:17 PM
yorky Offline

Threads: 1
Marshals
Hi Cargo
Like yourself i will be out on the circuit ,i will be marshaling at Cronk ny Mona,but i think a lot of people are still waiting for a clear statement from either the organisers or any of the forums we all use.Both of us have been asking for this over the last week or so.I second Cargos plea no marshals no racing,please come forward and support the racers.
Paul
16-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

Manx radios sports editor,Tim Glover,signed on as a marshal on air and ran thru the procedure and also asked some questions.One of these was in relation to legal action being taken against marshals.Roger Hursts' answer was that any marshal doing his/her job as instructed to the best of their ability would be unlikely to have proceedings taken against them.He also confirmed that a written reassurance could not be given.

The risks of marshalling seems pretty small to me but clearly others don't agree.

Furthermore is there a fifth column at work which actively wants the races to finish,there very many vested interests in the Island these days or am I getting paranoid?
16-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

beepee Wrote:Manx radios sports editor,Tim Glover,signed on as a marshal on air and ran thru the procedure and also asked some questions.One of these was in relation to legal action being taken against marshals.Roger Hurst's' answer was that any marshal doing his/her job as instructed to the best of their ability would be unlikely to have proceedings taken against them.He also confirmed that a written reassurance could not be given.

Furthermore is there a fifth column at work which actively wants the races to finish,there very many vested interests in the Island these days or am I getting paranoid?

Unfortunately there has been a knee jerk reaction to alot of the things over the 26th incident. Further more there has been no clarification over the exact meaning of the words 'best of their ability'. This could mean anything in a court of law where an official is charged under civil law. Which makes it very difficult for anyone to sign on and feel totally at home in what they do. I totally understand this view BUT please read on....

Please though, I do believe that if this situation happened again that things would be so different and that the Club, the TTMA and all those involved with the running of the Manx would support the person in all ways possible. This would be in their best interests as if they didn't then who could blame anyone for not signing on the next year, and there would be no more TT or MGP. I do not under any circumstances believe that this is going to happen as they bring too much to the economy of the Island to have anything other than total support happen.

So please if you are capable then please sign on. I think it would be a good idea if the organisers ran another TT IMC course on Saturday, maybe this would help them with their numbers.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
16-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Find Reply