Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Flying Moderator and his MGP Exploits
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Our Flying Moderator and his MGP Exploits
I'm sure that Mike Quayle will be happy to share this.
[Image: picture29122copycs3.jpg]
20-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

[Image: cargo1.gif]

Wednesday's report - Cargo went out on the 600, intending to do one lap and then two on the good, now de-misfired 400.

However, he was somewhat detuned by passing a "nasty" at Waterworks, where Marie Hodgson was off unhurt, but Robert Gordon, also off, was on a stretcher on the road - he turned out to have "only" minor fractures, but our boy toured back and parked the 600. "Slow" lap at 96.6mph (was round at 99.76mph last night).

The decision whether to go out on the little one was made for him by dropping mist on the Cronk y flat (sorry, Cronk y Voddy straight) where the helicopter wouldn't be able to land, so they pulled the plug for the evening - the Newcomers 400s, Ultra Lightweights and Classics didn't get out at all.

Some concern was felt in the paddock, he told me, by the rumour that a double "off" at Alpine 'Ouse was a bad one, and indeed the worst was feared.

However, the Manx Club are posting commendably early practice summaries this year, and it has transpired that the two off were Irish newcomer Kevin Fitzpatrick and Neil Cudworth, who is anything but a newcomer - his first Manx was 1979, the year after my first ride there!

Anyway, the word is they both "sustained possible minor fractures, with Kevin up and walking".

Lucky boys - Alpine is no place to jump off!

One wonders if the newcomer maybe tried an overtake?? Not recommended . . . . .. . .

Here endeth . . . .. . .
23-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

[Image: cargo2.gif]

Thursday Report

Cargo had a rest tonight - not a lot happened .

Classics and Newcomers "C" were due out first, and went.

Halfway round their first lap, however, a "sea fret" ** moved in from the west and visibility was suddenly poor.

Didn't get any better, and the session was red-flagged at the end of lap 1.

Waiting got them no improvement, and so the plug was pulled on the rest of the night.

Our hero wanted, I think, to check his "good" 400, but didn't get a run.

Roll on Friday evening.

** for the benefit of Mr Simons, that's a particularly nasty sea mist - wet, claggy and impenetrable.

Here's a thought. Given the nature of Manx weather, and the slavish adherence to Elf'n'Safety masquerading as consideration for the riders but actually the terror of being sued, is it inconceivable that before too long we shall one year have a complete fortnight when the 'copter can't fly and the event won't be, if you see what I mean??

As a rider, I would be quite happy to go out in poor vis, and indeed have done so in the past over the Mountain.

Have the lunatics ( and the solicitors) now taken over the asylum???

Awl tha best Larry D.
24-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Is that a picture of one off those old Russian Leaders ?
24-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

[Image: wmgp304.jpg]
[Image: wmgp305.jpg]
Go Cargo, Get that Damn Rep!!
Seriously, Good Luck, and have a safe run
25-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Friday Update

Hello everyone,

I'm back home now for one night and will return to the IOM tomorrow on the morning ferry. I should be at the weeks social highlight by 2

Sandy and the boys will be there earlier on the train I'll come down with the van.

Last nights practise was OK The session for 400s was extented so I waited untill all had gone then allowed for the fast guys finishing the first lap and I set off with no traffic to deal with and had a clear run all the way.

I have a small problem with a slipping clutch on the 400 and also the forks bottomed out twice early on the lap under heavy braking.

It didn't happen once the fuel load had lightened.

The 600 has a funny gearbox problem it jumps into neutrals and downchanging from top to fith feels.........."strange"

As I crossed the line last night it jumped into a neutral and made some very loud gear crunching noises. I have a complete and nearly brand new engine for it and plan to use it for the race

So tomorrow it's off to JFs then in the evening we're out to the marshals supper........food and drink all day (Don't tell NJ)

Then we'll be on duty at GL on Monday before getting stuck into swaping engines and replacing the clutch on the 400

I'll test both bikes at Jurby on Tuesday then racing on Wednesday and Friday.

Yesterday we had a lovely day in Castletown exploring the castle..........the boys enjoyed locking me in a dungeon

Speaking of the boys they have had a ball this past week they have been camping in their own little tent next to ours.

It's been like a huge adventure for them.

JF Shane has requested that you have "the motorbike game " on the PS2 ready for him

His lap times are getting nearer mine LOL...........but it's just me getting slower

Happy Birthday MV

One more thing I'm looking forward to seeing Hilary tomorrow. We've not had the chance to call

TT for now guys I have to go dig out a clutch from the workshop

Cargo
26-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Website Find Reply