Today at New Brighton
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today at New Brighton
Ok this morning at 7am i was awoken to the sound of sports cars taking part in a sprint now Wirral Council must have granted a roads closure for this event but stopped the bikes a few years ago? seems a bit unfair 1 rule for 1 and the Wirral 100 who ran Walllasey road races for years have to go to Ty Croes or Oulton.
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

Just typical. I attended the New Brighton m'cycle races many, many times including the last event a few years back. A great event with some excellent racing on a closed roads circuit. It's potential has never truly been exploited. Taken in context with Wirral Borough Council's stance on the charity egg run these last few years you'd think they didn't like motorcycles, bikers etc. Wake up WBC, you're missing some good opportunities. Vale Royal Council i.e. Northwhich and it's local economy certainly have reaped the benefits with their support of the Thundersprint since it found a permanent venue in the Cheshire town. alf

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slippery3/501290841/
08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Online
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

I'd always meant to do the New Brighton bike races but never got around to it. If I remember they used to be on a saturday, which I used to have to work :cry:

I covered a car rally there a few years back (I think the foot & mouth year) when the British Championship organisers needed to get things started and it was one of the few venues available at the time.

You'd think with such a large population within easy reach they could get loads pf people with a bit of publicity. There could be a brilliant event in the making if the local authorities could only see it.
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply