We're making the news!
thewitch
Unregistered

We're making the news!
It's nice to know the local news media are reading our posts here and using TTwebsite as a source of news. Keep posting Shaun, and all you other stars!
This summer I have had dealings with all 3 radio stations, looking for accurate news on people involved in racing, and I must say they have all been very keen to report the truth, to respect people's privacy, and to encourage our sport in every way... it's just difficult to listen to them all... only got 2 ears!
We are, of course, delighted that they use our boards in this way, and I know they will always check facts with us before using them.

http://www.energyfm.net/news/bulletinstory3.htm
18-09-2007, 12:18 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Just been thinking what it is that makes a website popular and worthwhile.
It's the members.
You tell us what you want, and we try to provide that.
But you also help others... the fundraising "Early Morning Practice Bus" is an example, and the number of you who turned out to support Shaun's appeal.
You are a friendly, gregarious lot, who have over the years, met each other, sponsored each other, and in at least one case married each other!
You have had spats and made up, argued passionately on both sides of issues, and your postings have been informative, intelligent and fun.. keep 'em coming.
A good website is a virtual community, with occasional cups of tea at my house, or drinks in the pub!
Keep telling us what we should be doing, and indeed, not doing. Over the winter we will be looking at what we can do to make it even better for you all (and us, because we are passionate about TTwebsite)
18-09-2007, 12:26 PM
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41

Great to hear this Helen, and just to let you know that the E2E DVD I'm working on will include direct links to this site as a means to highlight the Rob Vine Fund and MGP Supporters Club contact details. :wink:
18-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Helen, you are right about this website being about the members.
I have so many good friends on and from here, as you know.
This website is important in my life.
Sad old git?
Oh, far from it!

But lets not forget how important your work is Helen.
You make it tick and are at the heart of it.
I also recognise what you do Cargo, good man yerself.
Lets not forget Malcolm, without whom it wouldnt happen.
Thank you all

MV
MV
19-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Website Find Reply