TT 08 Update
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
TT 08 Update
Hi All, Just finished reading the article penned by Paul Phillips in Road Racing Ireland magazine. Paul hints at a number of changes due to be formally announced at this years NEC show. Following fans feedback the racing calendar for next years event will be changed he promises. Paul assures us that we will be both pleased and suprised. With no clash with BSB it is expected that the field will be of high quality as in 2007. In addition some WSB and World Endurance teams have been courted with a view to taking to the roads. So now that he's whetted our appetites, does anyone know anymore? Will we see the two strokes back? Calendar changes, not too radical I hope? With bookings already 35% up on previous years (excluding 2007) it looks like it's going to be another bumper year. Can't wait. alf
13-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39

Alf, I know Paul is very aware of the need for more variety in the race schedule. Sadly, I don't think we'll see 2 strokes back (at least not next year).

If there's a new class, then there may not be any 4 cylinder machines in it... :wink: I have absolutely NO inside info, just guessing. I have a horrible feeling it'll turn out to be something like '600 Superstock' but I guess we'll know soon enough.
13-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Website Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

Sticky, You could be right maybe a new class altogether. Mini - twins? What intrigues me most though is the change to the calendar that Paul promises. Is he hinting at a race during practice week? Some have suggested that a "TT" race at Billown is being planned. More racing can't be a bad thing but surely it will put extra pressure on riders, machinery, road closing orders, marshals etc. Is it possible to fit in an extra date? Unless current race distances are shortened or new classes are run concurrently with others within the existing programme I'm at a loss to see where the changes will fit in. Impatient, I guess so. alf
13-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39

There's room in the existing race schedule for two more races Alf, so there shouldn't be any issues in that respect.

I met with PP at the TT as I'd been punting the idea of a Sound of Thunder type TT on a number of sites and we had an informal chat about it. The possibility of running 2 strokes at Billown was touched upon but I suspect the news on that was leaked a little too soon Big Grin as it's all gone quiet again.
14-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Website Find Reply