Roger Hurst Wins!
thewitch
Unregistered

Roger Hurst Wins!
The Conister Trust Award for Volunteer of the Year went to Roger Hurst of the TT Marshals' Association
Congratulations, Roger... every marshal on the TT course will be delighted. It's so good to have you back as Chief Marshal too.
07-12-2007, 09:27 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Winners-o...3561491.jp

Don't know what happened to the live streaming we were promised last night. This news only appeared this morning. Never mind.. Well done to DSM Reggie at the Aaron House... come to think of it... maybe he sabotaged the live feed!
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
cargo
Unregistered

Well done Reg

And well done Manx2.com...............MY favourite airline Big Grin
07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
award
The STEAM PACKET Award went to the TT.....Well done Paul and the team.

Could we see a possible tie-up for 2008 ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

true irony there!
07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
dclarke Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Once again it looks like all the Directors and volunteers of the IOMTTMA have been ignored! and Roger gets all the plaudits. I thought it was supposed to be a team effort, and every Director and marshal played their part, but no, Roger did everything it seems!

I believe the Directors of IOMTTMA will be making a statement shortly on both this award and the appointment earlier this week of Roger as the Chief Marshal.
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
iancm Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
DCLARKE
DCLARKE, i beleive Roger stated some of what you said in his speech, unfortunatly the evenings organisers couldnt have every marshal and helper at the event.

It happens all over the world in every sport, normally the leader or head of said team / group collects the awards, now come down of your hi horse and play nice please. Lol
Aim forward, dont look back
07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
aha
Look at Northern Rock !!!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
08-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Congrats Roger and ALL THE TEAM.

I'M sure that Roger would personally thank each and everyone of his team at receiving this well deserved award.
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Website Find Reply
twostroker Offline
Banned

Threads: 3

It reflects very badly on directors to take pettiness to the public arena in this way. It has no place in the running of a vital, lifesaving organisation. Differences should be discussed in the confines of the boardroom.
Marshals are simply interested in and impressed by results. In their case, enough training and support, which I think they have all been happy with.
As far as the appointment of a Chief Marshal, that used to be the Chief Constable. it is an appointment by the autorities, and nothing to do with the TTMA, whose function is to recruit and train the marshals. The powers that be clearly regard Mr Hurst as the most suitable person for the job and I sincerely hope the directors of the TTMA accept that and work willingly with him, or we will lose the lot.
By the way, I believe that category in the awards was based on public votes.
08-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I am very pleased for Roger.It just shows that there is still massive support in the IoM for the racing,as it was the public who voted for him.Roger would be one of the first to acknowledge that all the marshals and medics give up their time equally and are all worthy of thanks.It will be difficult to find a successor to him when he finally retires.It is always too easy to criticise people with any authority, but how many people volunteer to fill their shoes?
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Find Reply