One thing for Christmas
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
One thing for Christmas
Ok ok I know its still two weeks away, BUT, if there was one thing you would like for Christmas, anything at all, and try to keep it clean guys and gals, especially you girlies as Big Mac is now a married man......., what would it be ...... can be a change in racing, can be something for you, or even if you are full of Christmas spirit something for someone else......?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

OK whimps I will go first.... lol

I wish for two things really, yes I know thats not fair but I don't care.... lol

1st I wish I was fit enough again to go back to racing, they were the happiest times of my life and I know how much fun I am missing. I know its selfish, but you don't really know how much fun you are really having until you carn't do it anymore, and you remember all those butterflies before the start and the smiles and laughter at the finnish. There IS really really nothing like it.

2nd I wish that racing was just all about racing and not costs and profit. I didn't care how much I spent, I didn't care how much I got for a win or second, it all just helped. All I wanted to do was race.

There you go... now all down to you... you all start on me now.... lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

My needs are simple :wink:

Dear Santa, please send me the following:

2 Nikon D3 bodies

Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens

Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens

Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 lens

Nikon 200-400mm f4 lens

Nikon TC-14 converter

Oh, and a Tardis, so I can go back and re-photograph all the TTs (and MGPs)... Big Grin
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Website Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

A Mk 1 BSA Rocket 3, to keep my other triples company. Oh, and no one to outbid me on a Canon 400D that I've got my eye on. alf
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

want to go halves on the Tardis Alf? Lol
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Website Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Sure thing, are they made by John Bloor! We'll have one in black if that's the case. Yes, it'll probably leak oil, they all do that sir. Can we start with the '52 Senior? alf
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

I was thinking of going back to 1907 and meandering back from there!
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Website Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Yeh, and seeing this fantasy through, can you imagine getting a shot of the farmer protesting by blocking the road with his horse and cart just before the off. I can see the headlines and the doom and gloom web posts.

"TT Under Threat".

I guess some things haven't changed, it's always been that way lol! alf
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
early present a fantasy as well
Well....I'm just back home from a week in Berlin staying at the Hilton !!

When we walked in there were huge groups of TV men/women and reporters standing in the entrance...I thought "Fame at Last" but no !!!

Perhaps the name of the hotel should have told me.

It was Paris Hilton they were expecting. Well, she followed me all around Berlin most of the time we were there, and there she was at the Reichstag, Ka De We and all the high spots.

I know this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our IOM TT but I enjoyed my visit to the Christmas Markets in Berlin all the more for seeing the subject of one of my DVDs !!

Maybe she could be attracted to the TT ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
14-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Website Find Reply
orange Offline

Threads: 12

First thing i would like for Xmas would be a Canon 600mm F4

Secondly as were on the subject Paris Hilton to stand in front of me at the TT so i can rest that Big Lens on her shoulder.

And if i could have a third thing it would for someone to please me tell the easiest way to get to Guthries without breaking my neck or having a heart attack!
14-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I'm concerned what DVD that is Ian has been watching. Could bring on a heart attack!
Well, I have said before I'd like Groundhog Day... my first race here at Billown... so I'll join you guys in the Tardis.
New Year wish.. a happy, politics free, accident free year's racing. Another MGP win for The Bag... that'll keep him out for another couple of years and he can help The Scone Ranger... then it's Garry's turn, and then back to the beginning???
14-12-2007, 07:36 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

alf885 Wrote:Yeh, and seeing this fantasy through, can you imagine getting a shot of the farmer protesting by blocking the road with his horse and cart just before the off. I can see the headlines and the doom and gloom web posts.

"TT Under Threat".

I guess some things haven't changed, it's always been that way lol! alf
Talking of the past and how things never change, How about this, a few of you may already know about this and what year and who it was from your TTMA things.

'In writing of the marshalling of the TT Races, one must start with reminiscences. The TT has "evolved," and its present is a result of the changes that have occurred in the past. Of all the tasks undertaken by enthusiasts in the Isle of Man, none has been more arduous as that of the Marshals and the medical officers, who turn out every morning at unearthly hours, to ensure a minimum of accidents, or, if accidents do occur, then to ensure that injured riders are attended with the minimum of delay.

It is astonishing that an Island population can provide 400 marshals willing to be up before the summer (and autumn) sun, and in their places in time for the first riders to appear in the very deep, dark dawn, morning after morning, without reward, but with the maximum amount of criticism and with the certainty of blame if anything goes wrong. They are a merry set, whose only grouse is that it would be a much better thing for the races, and the riders, if more of the exalted officials would make a practice (as indeed is the case with the MGP) of being at the start each morning, to see the "human" side of the race and to appreciate the difficulties that must be present in organising on the practical side.'

Any ideas?
14-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

sticky! Get out here fast, this don't look like Ballacraine to me!

[Image: LEGO-DALEK.jpg]
14-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Website Find Reply