THE NOOSE TIGHTENS
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
THE NOOSE TIGHTENS
There will be no Mid Antrim 150 road races in 2008, the plug has been pulled for Health & Safety reasons. Reported on BBC NI at 6.55pm tonight

I think it was Charlie Williams who predicted a while back that it would be Health and Safety that would be the end of racing on public roads.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Cargo,

you are very quiet on tis subject?
Any comments, news?
MV
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I have always found the Mid Antrim to a well run and enjoyable event.
I would say that when it comes to the on the day practicailities of running the meeting Norman Gordon does a great job.............better than many other clerks of course.

However it seems to me that Norman has managed to back himself into a corner with his attitude regarding some minor comments made in the safety report presented after the 2007 event. And has thrown the toys out of the pram big style over absolutly nothing.

I think the real problem here lies within the club itself I don't know what the problem is but it is certainly NO fault of the MCUI (Ulster Centre) that the event has been lost.

Here is a link to an official letter from the Centre on this subject. I believe that the Centre found the 2007 Mid Antrim to be a well run and satisfactory road race meeting and the club had the Centres full support to continue with it.

http://www.irishbikeracing.com/downloads...ec2007.pdf
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Thank you our very own Norn Irn reporter!
MV
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply