Our smash at Ballacob
sneakysam Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 4
Our smash at Ballacob
Hi there, my girlfriend and I were involved in a head on smash with a Spanish guy who was on our side of the road near Ballaugh Bridge during practice week of the TT this year. All three of us were pretty badly injured and air ambulanced to the mainland after a stay in Nobles. He has admitted he was in the wrong, independent witnesses etc, insurance all getting sorted at present etc etc
Basically my Lauren and me have no recollection of the accident at all, my g/f can barely remember the day at all, and all I can remember is tipping into a shallow left hander at Ballacob then waking up in hospital getting my leathers cut off then off me face on morphine!
We are trying to fill in the empty spaces really, who helped, did anybody see the aftermath etc.
We would be please to hear from anybody who can tell us what happened after the actual accident!!!
26-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
ALP Offline

Threads: 2

If you haven't yet spoken to the IOM Police, give the Road Policing Unit a call on 01624 631444 and I'm sure you could speak to one of the Officers who went to the accident. This may help "jog your memory" a bit.
27-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

sneakysam, Whilst I can't be of any help to you I am sorry to hear of your accident. There's a few members from the Ballaugh area on this site maybe they will be able to help when they read your post. If you've not already tried, try iomtt.com as well. I hope and trust you are both making a full recovery. alf
27-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Website Find Reply
sneakysam Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 4

Cheers for the advice, it's all good. We are both recovering thank you, its been a long dark road though. Lauren probably had the worst injury, severe concussion/mild brain injury, she landed on her head looking at the marks on leathers and the fact her lid at the back was totalled. She needed twelve metal staples in a head wound, she still suffers from dizzy spells and nausea now. I had more physical injuries, left shoulder broken in four places, crushed nerves in shoulder, which seem to be repairing as I am getting more movement back now, tore the bice and tricep and the big muscle across the back of the shoulder. Broke my left hand which needed pinning up. Broke two fingers on my left hand and tore the tendons in one of them and the tendons were hanging out of the other. And a compound fracture of my left shin where I lost 3cm of shin. So had my fair share of ops this year including skin graft and flap. I cant thank the staff at Nobles Hospital enough, they are super stars plain and simple.
And yes we are back on a bike, A triumph sprint not a blackbird but thats coming for the summer and yes we will be back on the island in 2008. For the manx this year not the TT. I will hopefully be marshalling this year too.
27-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

So glad to hear you are recovering and coming back. Hope your 2008 visit is totally uneventful!
27-12-2007, 03:01 PM