ITS OFFICIAL MADNESS BY THE ACU
FC
Unregistered

ITS OFFICIAL MADNESS BY THE ACU
18-01-2008, 03:18 PM
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

It just goes to show their lack off understanding off the demands of the mountain course. how will the insurance let this happen
18-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Find Reply
orange Offline

Threads: 12

Read the reply i made to the topic, Regs for 2008

Not Madness just BL**DY DANGEROUS

Hope Paul Phillips is keeping his eye on this
18-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
samwise Offline

Threads: 4

If confirmed, I'll be wearing my helmet marshalling up on the Mountain then - last year we had a sidecar shed its driven wheel coming up to us, how many more might there be this year without scrutineering every session?
18-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Only a small number of bikes to be scruted before practice and not every bike.

Pity his forum is so well policed, I don't want to get deleted or baned.

It can't possibly be true, surely Manx radio have got it wrong.

Never in the world will anyone with half a brain send bikes out in the "most dangerous race in the world" Mr P Phillips words not mine, without any scruting at all that's suicidal and insanity in the extreme.

However if true it needs someone who does not race in the TT or hold a Pol Pot licence to lodge a detailed and serious complaint with both the Health & Safety Executive and the TT Insurerers or even make an application to the Courts to prohibit any racing without full scruting at every session as has been conducted for as long as the TT has existed. Grounds for applicationto the Court, in the inerests of the safety of riders the general public, marshalls and pit personnell thereby reducing the p0ssibility of serios or fatal injury.

And it was these p***** who introduced the TT course licence give me strength'

As NJ says on the C o C topic who would race or practiceon the TT ours with bikes out there that have not been thoroughly checked.

"The most dangerous race in the world". Don't we all wish sometimes we had engaged our brain and kept our big traps shut.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
18-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

If this is true (will wait for confirmation although I suspect it may be) then this is total and utter madness of the highest order and so dangerous too that ALL the current officials should be sacked and replaced by people who have half a brain.

Over the years I have had run in's with what I thought to be over zealous scruiteneers BUT they have spotted things not only I have missed but also other riders have missed.

Yes the pressure of getting pulled by a Scrute 5 mins before practise can lead to frustration but I would rather know that someone else has looked over the bike and it takes away that element of doubt over.....'Are my wheel nuts tight?'........I have seen people turned away for this very thing.

I think (at least I hope) that the vast majority of riders will refuse to go out on the circuit without being checked.

Loose Nuts, Cracks in frames, leaking breaks, blown seals, oil leaks.....all spotted by scrutes for which everyone is grateful.

The only loose nuts there are at the moment are the officials if there is any truth in this and if this turns out to be true I would like to call for the sacking of all the officials.

This is a decision that could sign someones death warrent.

Can you tell I am miffed at this.

Paul Phillips...please confirm that there is no truth in this......by saying nothing I will assume it is all correct.

Three cheers and welcome back to the ACU.....call them Events Lt or whatever you fancy..........it is the same people under a different name with the same intention of running the TT into the ground.

What is the betting they will still have blue blazers, cars supplied my mylchreests (nothing against mylchreests), stay in luxury and not give a flying fk about the riders.........you know, the impotant people who, without there would be no effin TT.

EDIT: Just to say PP I know this is not your decision so this is not a PP witch hunt but you will no doubt know the answer.
18-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

This must be a windup. Cannot believe that machine inspection would be compromised.At the moment I prefere not to trust the news media.
However with the daft world of litigation we live in have we reached the point where the scrutineer, in law, will be held accountable for any exterior malfunction of a machine if and after he has inspected it.
18-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1

I wish I could be more positive, especially for a first post, but all I can say is that I'm glad I packed up years ago.

Coming from the same people that introduced the course licence for 'safety reasons' this defies belief.
18-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

I asked the question on RRR a couple of days ago but have had no reply to date.

I was given this information on Monday after Id heard Jeff Kirby had packed in. After making a few phone calls today over this madness , Im sorry to say that from the scrutinners Ive spoke to it is true, the ACU wanted this to be tried out in 2007 but was objected to, But you may find that those in power have backed down to the presure from two big teams.

Whats cheesed me off is those that we thought as friends have known about this for some time but have kept stum about it. How can they call themselves fans of the TT.

READY[Image: WebMartinJoyCrashedCadwell.jpg]
TO RACE AT TT08
18-01-2008, 10:05 PM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

Without any first hand experience I'm not qualified to offer an opinion, but, do you remember Nigel Beattie last year?

Wasn't he saved from disaster by sharp eyed scrutiny? alf
18-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Welcome to the forum Jeff, can you gives us the full story,
18-01-2008, 10:36 PM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

There's absolutely no need for any bikes to be checked before they go out at the TT. As long as the rider has done 6 meetings round an airfield somewhere in the last 12 months to get their TT Course Licence, their safety is guaranteed. I know because the ACU say so.

The above paragraph demonstrates:

1 - How utterly ludicrous the current 'safety' situation surrounding the TT really is.

2 - Why the ACU (in any of their guises) are palpably unfit to play any part whatsoever in the organisation of the TT, now or ever.
18-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the reason Jeff resigned. I know Jeff and he would not have stood by and watched bikes go out with good conscience and still have been ok about letting them all go out.

I am really worried about this and it seems to me that all the officials and riders should stand up and be counted. Say no way are we officiating or competing at this event until the changes have been made to make this a safer event for all. This is madness if they let this continue. That said where has Milkey been during all of this? Surely the rider liaison officer should have been involved in these decisions, if not why not, and if he has why has he let this go? Under pressure for above maybe?

This seems to me that the ACU Events team are making this a BSB event in all cases of running and officiating the TT. This includes Mr Paul Phillips. If he says he has no influence in the running of the event, then this just shows that he is not interested in the safety of the event, riders, spectators or marshal's. Lets hear from him...... and then make up our minds as to what he does and also how much influence he has.... he did last year, so why not this?

Unfortunately this is going to end tragically and unless something is done by the officials, it is up to the riders, marshals and everyone else to stand up and say this isn't right.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Colin if what you say is correct, I must add that I wondered if maybe the big teams had some influence in this decision.

It still defies belief it maybe and I say that reservedly, okay for the big team riders with teams of full time mechanics loking after their kit but the privateers and smaller outfits it is a different story.

With practice dramatically reduced a lot of peope must be under endless pressure and rushing around like mad to get everything done and mistakes are made and hings overlooked, seriously over te years there must have been thousands of faults found by the scruts whih riders while a bit miffed have been gratefull for.

Cannot ever remember any of the work teams lor riders like MV Benneli Norton MZ or the Japs ever of private sponsor ever objecting before so whats the crack this time.

So all the shouting about the importance of safety a rubbish useless TT course licence was all spin and C*** and the most important safety procedure of all gets flushed down the crapper
18-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

18-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

I would like to know Mr Phillips and the DTls position in all this and do they agree with it.

How about an official statemnt from theMotor Sports Development Manager.

I garaged at Adrian Earnshaws house many years ago and can't see him with his knowledge of the TT & MGP agreeing to it.

Of course It may be beyond there remit or control with the Pol Pot regime running the job.

If I was a Manx taxpayer I would also be asking y MHK watch the financial arrangements were with the ACU particularly about the alleged twenty grand a year that has been mentioned
18-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

New chief scrutineer arriving on the Isle of Man.

[Image: bean450.jpg]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
19-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

ACU release first picture of the 2008 TT officials.

[Image: clowns_as_politicians.jpg]
19-01-2008, 09:30 AM
orange Offline

wheres the picture then :?
19-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I can see it. Handsome devils they are, too..
19-01-2008, 10:43 AM