Over 70 riders confirmed for inaugural TT Races Privateers Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Over 70 riders confirmed for inaugural TT Races Privateers Championship
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

Prestigious new award expected to be fiercely contested

The Isle of Man TT Races organisers have confirmed that over 70 riders who have entered to compete in the TT Races this year are eligible for the inaugural ‘TT Privateers Championship’.

The TT Privateers Championship is a new introduction to the TT Races honours board. It allows solo teams and solo riders of independent status to achieve recognition for their efforts at the highest level in the world’s premier closed public roads motorcycle race.

The championship entry criteria have been clearly defined by the race organisers, who require all teams to declare that they have no direct manufacturer assistance. Each entry is judged on the ability and career to date of the rider, the bike that they are riding, and the operation, resources and structure of the team.

Any rider who has finished within the top 10 in any solo race at the previous year’s TT is automatically ineligible. Points will be awarded to the first fifteen finishers in the Superbike, Royal London 360 Superstock, Monster Energy Supersport and the Dainese Senior TT Races using a world championship points scoring system.

Riders competing for the award include TT stalwarts Gary Carswell, James Mcbride and Ian Armstrong, former MGP winner Derek Brien, winner of the 2009 clean emissions race Rob Barber, the up and coming Olie Linsdell and star newcomers from 2009 Steve Mercer and Luis Carreira. Other riders expected to make the running include Australian Dave Johnson and South African Hudson Kennaugh, both newcomers in 2010, together with Jenny Tinmouth and Maria Costello, the two fastest women around the course.

The prestigious award also comes with £2,000 for the first placed rider with £1000 for the runner up and £500 for third place.

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, Political Member for Isle of Man Tourism, commented:

“The efforts and sacrifices made by individuals to compete in the TT Races are well known. We wanted to recognise those achievements with an award that was open only to privately funded teams and riders.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Over 70 riders confirmed for inaugural TT Races Privateers Championship
Gary Carswell and Mark Parrot have withdrawn from the 2010 TT due to lack of assistance from the TT
23-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Find Reply