Mystery BSB Rider in IOM Visit Tomorrow
Charlie Beesa Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

FC Wrote:Well I spotted Paul Phillips sat on a bench with George Formby last week eating a pie, does that mean George is about to ride again Lol

Maybe Mr Phillips was sizing himself up for a replacement statue. You know . . . . . . "The Man Who Saved The TT"
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Let the dug see the rabbit.
05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Website Find Reply
orange Offline

Threads: 12

Looks like a wait and see job to me or wait for the press launch,mean while over on the other TT website theres a thread been started about Rutter and a ride on a kawasaki,thought Ducati may have enterd into the spirit of things being it's there 50th
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

05-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I think it turned out to be Jamie R was the newcomer,but I don't know who the "fast man" was.
05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Re: TT Newcomer 2008
irishago Wrote:Well i wasnt going to say anything but i think the only one who will be able to confirm or deny this is Paul Phillips, But as i was delivering on Finch Road this afternoon when a few people came out of PP,s office I only knew 2 of them by sight one was Martin Finnegan and the other one i knew to be Jamie Robinson of 250 GP and BSB SS 600 Fame i leave the rest up to you guys to ponder..all the best Irish Ago..... Big Grin

Be careful Ago, PP could bring out a restraining order you know.... its just no way to guarantee a ride this year ...... especially if you are not allowed within a hundred yards of him Lol Lol :roll:
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88

This thread is getting boring as if you not in the inside for information why wind fans up? to me no newcomer will beat the regulars on the roads. Lol Lol Lol Lol
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

06-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Stephen Thompson
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Just at times, some supposed TT fans never fail to disappoint me.

http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost...stID=97371

Sorry if that offends......

But hung drawn n quartered and its only rumoured ! :roll:
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Shame on them. Give the guy a chance. If it was up to some of those guys, noone would be racing.
07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

I'm thrilled to think a rider of Jamie's calibre is considering the TT. In my opinion, it reflects well upon Paul and Milky, after all they're tasked with attracting new riders to the event. So when they do just that we should all be pleased, yeh?

In truth, I admire all entrants who are willing to pit themselves against the Mountain and wish them well no matter who they are. People talk about the quality of the event and the quality of rider, well to illustrate my point, last year's Junior saw riders placed 44th - 51st places miss out by a smidgeon on a replica. 43 replicas were awarded in that race, is that a record? To add more riders capable of winning a replica, and JR will, is a good thing and will add to the event I'm sure.

So, all riders should be warmly welcomed and encouraged to take part whether they're TT veterans or otherwise and not be uneccesarily criticised just for considering an entry. I can't explain why someone would object to anyone giving it a go.

I hope JR does enter and I'll be cheering him on, like I do everyone else, go for it Jamie and have yourself a good TT.

alf
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

Do you notice that it's never any of the forum 'regulars' that start these squabbles. Some numpty will pop up, do some slagging and disappear back into the ether.

I learnt my lesson over Conor Cummins. I really didn't think it was a brilliant idea for him to do the TT and said so (on here I think...) but he's obviously proved me very, very wrong. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. Maybe Jamie Robinson will find that road racing is where he should have been all along. He's a 250 man aswell... Big Grin
07-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I think lots of worried about Conor... we were proved wrong, and he's shown us what a wonderful, all-round rider he is. Good luck to JR if he decides to come, and I am so looking forward to the future success of Coner and young Olie Linsdell. Very exciting prospects for years to come.
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM