MMCC president says club has 'clear conscience'
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
MMCC president says club has 'clear conscience'
01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

And congratulations to Phil Taubman who was confirmed as Manx GP clerk of course................

I for one wish him well......................
01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

wHY SHOULD THEY NOT HAVE A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.

DID NOT MR PAUL PHILLIPS MAKE A BIG SONG AND DANCE ABOUT THE BRILLIANT SUCCESS OF THE CENTENARY TT.

WHICH WAS RUN BY THE MANX MOTORCYCLE CLUB WHO MR PHILLIPS PRAISED FOR THEIR STIRLING WORK.

I MUST AGREE WITH DAVID HARDINGS SENTIMENTS THAT ALL NEWCOMERS SHOULD USE THE MGP AS THEIR ROUTE TO THE TT IT WAS ONCE ACCEPTED AS SIMPLE COMMON SENSE.

MY BEST WISHES TO THE CLUB AND ITS NEWLY ELECTED OFFICERS
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

Definitely good news about Phil Taubman being COC for the Manx. And I agree with Tom about newcomers coming through the Manx first. Not everybody is going to lap at 120mph in their first year but that's not to say that given 2-3 years experience someone might grow into an excellent TT rider.

The way it's currently working someone who laps at 112mph on their debut probably won't get asked back and although they can now go back to the Manx, it'll be a three year wait.

There will always be exceptions like Steve Plater. However, if someone has a proven record on the roads that's another thing. Anyone without a history on the roads should go throught the Manx first.
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Website Find Reply