New look
cargo
Unregistered

RE: New look
PeterCourtney Wrote:One thing I do NOT like is the bottom-about-face date configuration! Just because the Yanks say February 17 does not mean that the rest of the world should! smilie

Your right Peter I don't like that date format either..............

And I hope smilie I've now changed it Big Grin
17-02-2008, 04:50 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Ok Malcolm you want my opinion why was we not told my PC just said out of order if it works dont meddle with it but i suppose i will sort it?smiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
18-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Hi Pykey. This just brings us up to date with some extra features and believe me, for Cargo and me it means a whole lot less hassle with spammers.. NONE so far. That's good for all of you, and within a week or so, you'll be so used to it...Yahoo
Check the new photo section too.smilie
18-02-2008, 10:16 AM
cargo
Unregistered

pykey Wrote:Ok Malcolm you want my opinion why was we not told my PC just said out of order if it works dont meddle with it but i suppose i will sort it?smiliesmilie

I had the exact same problem as you. I only discovered the new style forum because I clicked on an alternative link to what I believed would be the old forum and of course I found this version.
I'm still feeling my way round but as Helen says this new forum is a lot easier for her and I to use.
You'll soon get used to it and and soon enough you'll be an expert again Yahoo
18-02-2008, 11:30 AM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
"soon enough you'll be an expert again" - remember the definition of an expert, Cargo - an "Ex" is has-been, and a "spert" is a drip under pressure!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
18-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
cargo Wrote:
pykey Wrote:Ok Malcolm you want my opinion why was we not told my PC just said out of order if it works dont meddle with it but i suppose i will sort it?smiliesmilie

I had the exact same problem as you. I only discovered the new style forum because I clicked on an alternative link to what I believed would be the old forum and of course I found this version.
I'm still feeling my way round but as Helen says this new forum is a lot easier for her and I to use.
You'll soon get used to it and and soon enough you'll be an expert again Yahoo

I have to agree with the "'aint broke" maxim, hey ho.
As a retired IT Manager, I should know better i Know.
To me this is like no 2-strokes!
End of grumpy old man rant

PS Not been well you know!
MV
18-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Be careful MV on certain forums ranters get zapped. smilie

And Peter there are no experts in this world but lots of people who think they are smilie

Lol3Lol3Lol3
18-02-2008, 12:11 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
My mail account keeps blocking emails from this august forum since the change of style, telling me they may be dangerous!
Contentious? - sometimes, amusing? - mostly, but dangerous?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
18-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Peter your e mail address is not hidden from me (thats one of my admin perks) and I know there is a means of telling you e-mail account that mail from certain domains is "safe"
You'll need to go to your email account and reset it so that mail from TTwebsite is considered safe.
18-02-2008, 12:40 PM
SteveD Offline
Administrator

Threads: 0
cargo Wrote:I had the exact same problem as you. I only discovered the new style forum because I clicked on an alternative link to what I believed would be the old forum and of course I found this version.

Sorry guys its my fault that, I have added an automatic redirect so anyone going to the old forum, gets automatically directed to the new one.

Cheers
18-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Hey why i am not a senior member as i have my bus pass and visited 40+ TT plus loads of S100 and MGP'S and i have only 3 stars and marshalled for yearssmiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
18-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I'll misuse a catch phrase for you Pykey

Posts make stars

The more posts you make the more stars you get
18-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Jack Offline

Threads: 0
SteveD Wrote:Sorry guys its my fault that, I have added an automatic redirect so anyone going to the old forum, gets automatically directed to the new one.

Cheers

Thats still not working Rolleyes or at least it didn't for me but that might have been my favorite going into the general forum Wink but I have found you all again now smilie

Looks good, more in line to what I use on a few other wbe boards so will get the hang of it fairly quickly I suspect, will have to add my normal avatar once I find it again smilie
Ride safe Ride free

Jack
18-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
I thought something was seriously amiss till i posted question on iomtt.com. & was told about site update.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
18-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
veefour Wrote:I thought something was seriously amiss till i posted question on iomtt.com. & was told about site update.

Glad to be of service veefour Yahoo
18-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Website Find Reply
theflyingplumber Offline

Threads: 5
Thank goodness for that, I thought everyone had disappeared to I dont know where.
Now found you and working and have to complement you all on what I think is a notable improvement. (although was quite happy with the old one).
Much easier to see (for us older one's) and every credit for the work you have put in. I think the site will go from strength to strength so a big well done to all responsible and thanks. smilie
19-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Wink  RE: New look
smilieI seem to be getting the hang now and admin i do appeciate your efforts, for a day or two i thought i was barred?
Roll on Kells 2010
19-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Nah, we wouldn't do that to you, Pykey. Just don't you go losing that password!smilie
19-02-2008, 10:58 AM
theflyingplumber Offline

Threads: 5
pykey Wrote:Hey why i am not a senior member as i have my bus pass and visited 40+ TT plus loads of S100 and MGP'S and i have only 3 stars and marshalled for yearssmiliesmilie

pykey.
Hey why i am not a senior member ?
tell you what pykey i am 3 score years and 10 and i am a junior member. will swap ya. smiliesmilie:Yahoosmilie
20-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Find Reply