FOXLEY STARTER
cargo
Unregistered

FOXLEY STARTER
I've been doing a little research and it would seem that the Foxley Starter is a one off in that no one else seems to make a similiar starter.
Thing is my bikes run on a total loss so keeping a fully charged battery is important but bump starting is a pain especially when like my bikes they dont start easilly like just now in winter when they've been laid up.
And cranking them on the starter just kills the battery

Problem the cheapest Foxley is nearly a grand

So two questions

1. Anyone know of any other similiar machine ?

2. Anyone know of a second hand Foxely for sale ?

Have a look here and you'll see exactly what it is I'm after

http://www.foxleystarters.com/1.html
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

Cargo, Have a look at this link http://www.hawksleyengineering.co.uk my uncle has one for his classic bikes. tel no 01724-782511 ask to speak to speak to Chris Hawksley tell him I put you onto him.
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

This is the thrid different contact/suggestion I've had including one from a newly registered TTwebsite forum member.
Brilliant guys just brilliant

Anymore ?............I'm gonna get me a deal on one of these.
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
dellrandall Offline

Threads: 4
Electric starters
You need to speak to Denis Simpkin on 01530 839954
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1

hmm.. this got me thinking.

Does anyone else remember back in the early 80's one of the Heron Suzuki mechanics, (was Roger Simmons the name?), came up with with an ingenious device which consisted of a car starter moter with a short handle and long handle attached directly to the starter moter body. In place of, or more likely welded to, the drive gear were two prongs which engaged into two holes in the engine sprocket.

The long handle was needed to withstand the considerable torque kick as the car battery was connected!

It looked a bit dodgy but I remember seeing an XR69 fired up and it certainly worked well enough.

I always meant to make one, but I could always start my TT1 Ducati on my own anyway.

Perhaps it was the relatively light state of tuning as no one else seemed to be able to get theirs going which may explain why they whizzed past on the straights, and on the bends as well if I'm honest!

I always thought Battle of The Twins races should be push start for that reason...
14-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

RE: FOXLEY STARTER
I'd like to thank all those who got in touch with me on this.
I've spoken to Denis Simpkin and ordered one of his starters.
Once I've got it and tried it out I'll report back on it's performance.

One small problem is getting it delivered............Denis has left that to me. It's a heavy beast and the post office won't touch it.

I am thinking about just going to pick it up myself and making it a bit of a mini break for the family as well.
But if somene thinks they can fetch it back here for me before Easter then that would be lovely ......................

Actually I've just had a thought know alorry driver that across every week.........
16-02-2008, 11:19 AM