Dean Silvester, Nigel Beattie and Ray Porter
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
Dean Silvester, Nigel Beattie and Ray Porter
Anyone know the 2008 plans for these three guys? I've enjoyed watching all three in recent years but for one reason or another they've been absent from any news lately.

Dean Silvester withdrew from the Centenary TT last year and I've wondered what plans he had for this year? I think he'd graduated from the Manx in 2004/5 and was nibbling his way through the TT leaderboard in 2006, but after that, despite being entered in 2007 he was a no show.

Similarly, I understand that Nigel announced his retirement sometime last year although I did get the impression that it wasn't to be permanent just yet, is there any news for this year?

Ray Porter, is he thinking of returning to the sport? I seem to recall there was talk of a comeback midway through last season or was that just speculation?

alf
22-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

RE: Dean Silvester, Nigel Beattie and Ray Porter
I've read somwhere that Ray is now runing some kind of paddock service business.
I think he'll collect and prepare you bike then deliver it to a race meeting of your choice..............or something on those lines

No chance of a racing comeback from what I've heard pity really he was/is a good pilot.
I had the pleasure of a weekend on the IOM with him and others on a Hailwood Foundation trip...........he was very keen kept doing laps even in the dark
22-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
No mention of nige in the local press recently but too good a talent to waste not riding. Will see what i can find out.
22-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
nige is still winning on 2 wheels except he appears to have lost his engine as it was an off road mountain bike race
22-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
gary the nurse Wrote:nige is still winning on 2 wheels except he appears to have lost his engine as it was an off road mountain bike race

Spoke to Nigel a couple of weeks ago he is taking a year out .
25-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Spoke to Nigel a couple of weeks ago he is definitely not riing this year .
25-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
Thanks everyone for the info. it doesn't look like we'll see any of them out this year. Shame, all three are talented riders and I always believed Ray Porter especially, was capable of getting in amongst the prizes at the TT.

If anyone hears about Dean Silvesters return to racing please let us know.

What ever these guys are up to I wish them well.

Cheers, alf
26-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Website Find Reply