Mountain Road one-way again!
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
Big Grin  Mountain Road one-way again!
From Manx Radio;

The Council of Ministers has given the green light to proposals to make the Mountain Road one-way during TT 2008. Yahoo

It means the route will have Southbound traffic only from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa, from Saturday, May 24 until Monday, June 9.

The system was declared a success after a drastic reduction in the number of accidents over the Mountain during the centenary year.

Emergency services say it also makes the environment safer for their staff to deal with incidents.

The system was suggested by the departments of tourism and leisure, home affairs and transport.
29-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Website Find Reply
kestrel Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Mountain Road one-way again!
This is indeed good news. I must admit that when the various departments started discussing the introduction of the one way system last year I was more than a little apprehensive about the possible results.

The statistics from last TT fortnight with regards to the mountain section speak for themselves, the excercise was undoubtedly a major success and I for one am glad that the council of ministers has given the go ahead for the one way system to be repeated.
29-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Find Reply