The Early Morning Practice Bus
thewitch
Unregistered

The Early Morning Practice Bus
Had a word with The Boss last night and here's the plan so far. The Early Morning Practice Bus will run on Friday 30th May, at 6 am, sharp, from the Grandstand..although I believe Ian Huntly wants to take some of you on a wander in the dawn light bfore that...
I haven't worked out a price yet, but this time I intend to include a buffet breakfast at Rosie's, to save everyone paying individually. Last year's do was £20, so not much more than that... remember this is a fundraising event, with the revenue ALL going this year to Wyn Evans for the benefit of injured riders etc.
We need to fill the bus to make as much as possible, so get your names in now... I already have some of you..Tell your friends.
Last year we had raffles, quizzes and a running commentary from TT winner Nick Jefferies and our very own Cargo. This year's programme will be similar, but not the same... we embrace change on TTwebsite...
Ideas welcome, by the way
Better go and start organising it!smilieYahoo Yahoo Yahoo
10-04-2008, 09:04 AM
y2blade Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The Early Morning Practice Bus
i'll have only just got to bed by 6am!!!! im not much of an early morning person Sad
you need to sell it to me a bit more Sleepy where does the bus head out to? from what i read above its £20ish for bus ride (to where?) and breakfast with Rosie?!?! who's Rosie? smilie

sorry if the above doesnt make sense but ive not had my first coffee of the day yet
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2008, 07:42 AM by y2blade.)
22-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Find Reply
y2blade Offline

y2blade Wrote:i'll have only just got to bed by 6am!!!! im not much of an early morning person Sad
you need to sell it to me a bit more Sleepy where does the bus head out to? from what i read above its £20ish for bus ride (to where?) and breakfast with Rosie?!?! who's Rosie? smilie

sorry if the above doesnt make sense but ive not had my first coffee of the day yet

147 views and no takers yet!?

surely i'm not the only one that doesnt get it smilie
22-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Find Reply
orange Offline

Threads: 12
and breakfast with Rosie?!?! who's Rosie?

I will be having my breakfast with Rosie everyday whilst im on the island- Sulby Glen hotel
Soon be There
22-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I wonder will Rosie come on and explain herself.

Rosie ! Rosie ! Who the feck is Rosie !
22-04-2008, 01:37 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Well, Matty might if he spots he's been posted about!
22-04-2008, 02:31 PM
y2blade Offline

y2blade Wrote:
y2blade Wrote:i'll have only just got to bed by 6am!!!! im not much of an early morning person Sad

147 views and no takers yet!?

surely i'm not the only one that doesnt get it smilie

anyone? smilie
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2008, 02:42 PM by y2blade.)
22-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

The early morning practise bus was first orgainsed last year.
I think MV first sugested the idea.

The early morning trip round the course was to mark the passing of early morning practise still much missed by many.

On the way round we had some quiz questions and Nick Jefferies impressed us all with his course knowledge. I impressed all with my lack of knowledge..............Bonk "so the apex is at that shadow"

smilie

We stopped at the Sulby Glen Hotel for breakfast and very lovely it was too................Rosie is the esteemed owner of the Sulby Glen famous for the fund raising that continues there all year round. And second home for THIS years Lightweight MGP winner (IMHO)

I'm sure Helen will remember how much money we raised. It was a jolly good morning and enjoyed by all.
22-04-2008, 02:57 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

It actually came about as a response to Ian Huntly's bemoaning the demise of the Early moring practice with the sleepy landladies, the grumpy birdies etc. and TTwebsite rose to the challenge.Yahoo
Last year's effort, when the bus was full, raised £1000 for the Manx Grand Prix Supporters Club, towards the helicopter in practice week. smilie
This year filling the bus will be a bit more difficult perhaps without all those Australians... unless another lot are coming? So far we have about 8 people, I think... any more up for it?smilie
Y2 blade... you don't need to go to bed that morning, just come straight from the revels, and enjoy breakfast with us, a few quizzes and maybe win the auction or a raffle?smilie
The proceeds will all go to the ACU Ben fund, Isle of Man branch, c/o Wyn Evans.
22-04-2008, 03:03 PM
y2blade Offline

cargo Wrote:The early morning practise bus was first orgainsed last year.
I think MV first sugested the idea.

The early morning trip round the course was to mark the passing of early morning practise still much missed by many.

On the way round we had some quiz questions and Nick Jefferies impressed us all with his course knowledge. I impressed all with my lack of knowledge..............Bonk "so the apex is at that shadow"

smilie

We stopped at the Sulby Glen Hotel for breakfast and very lovely it was too................Rosie is the esteemed owner of the Sulby Glen famous for the fund raising that continues there all year round. And second home for THIS years Lightweight MGP winner (IMHO)

I'm sure Helen will remember how much money we raised. It was a jolly good morning and enjoyed by all.

thewitch Wrote:It actually came about as a response to Ian Huntly's bemoaning the demise of the Early moring practice with the sleepy landladies, the grumpy birdies etc. and TTwebsite rose to the challenge.Yahoo
Last year's effort, when the bus was full, raised £1000 for the Manx Grand Prix Supporters Club, towards the helicopter in practice week. smilie
This year filling the bus will be a bit more difficult perhaps without all those Australians... unless another lot are coming? So far we have about 8 people, I think... any more up for it?smilie
Y2 blade... you don't need to go to bed that morning, just come straight from the revels, and enjoy breakfast with us, a few quizzes and maybe win the auction or a raffle?smilie
The proceeds will all go to the ACU Ben fund, Isle of Man branch, c/o Wyn Evans.

thankyou for clearing that up for me!
22-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
orange Offline

Threads: 12
Can i join it at the Sulby Glen
Soon be There
22-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Unless the bus is completely full at the Grandstand... unlikely... I am sure we can arrange something. We can certainly breakfast together anyway!Good Witch
22-04-2008, 06:20 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

For the attention of all prospective EMP Bus passengers...
Can I have, by PM or email, your name, address etc, so I can send out stuff to you.smilie

Also:
If you have not booked yet... WHY NOT?
BOOK NOW!!
smilie smilie
22-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
thewitch Wrote:For the attention of all prospective EMP Bus passengers...
Can I have, by PM or email, your name, address etc, so I can send out stuff to you.smilie

Also:
If you have not booked yet... WHY NOT?
BOOK NOW!!
smilie smilie

Hi ya, If plans by others to get me over there works out, Perhaps I could come talk rubbish with all on the bus ride, Hey, MAYBE I should drive the bus HahahahaBonk
I can fix anything!
22-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
In that case I'll wear my signed T shirt and you can finish the slogan off Yahoo
22-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I've got enough worries making sure we don't get the bus that ran out of the garage and landed on someone's house, or the one Ali Clark and I found parked inside a shop in Peel!smilie

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Coach-cra...3381901.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bus-rolls...2891555.jp

Hmmm...Shaun Harris, Tour Bus Driver.... does that sound right to you guys??????Pigfly

However, if you get yourself here, Shaun, we will be DELIGHTED to have you as our guest... I'll even buy you breakfast, but we're not stopping in Union Mills to examine your crash site!smilie
22-04-2008, 09:43 PM
chrismitch Offline

Threads: 1
Trying to figure out a way of getting out of work that morning so I can make it, think I can feel a cold coming on Pigfly
22-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

thewitch Wrote:I've got enough worries making sure we don't get the bus that ran out of the garage and landed on someone's house, or the one Ali Clark and I found parked inside a shop in Peel!smilie

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Coach-cra...3381901.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bus-rolls...2891555.jp

Hmmm...Shaun Harris, Tour Bus Driver.... does that sound right to you guys??????Pigfly

However, if you get yourself here, Shaun, we will be DELIGHTED to have you as our guest... I'll even buy you breakfast, but we're not stopping in Union Mills to examine your crash site!smilie

We can always stop at some of the other sites I have crashed at over the years

1) Start line

2) Going into Kirk Michael

3) Huge high side going into Hillberry, that was a goodd E

4) Some where else flat out in TOP, when the front tyre deflated and smashed me up a bit

5) Coming into the trees at the end of a lap in morning practice on a 125

6) and then Union mills

Got it covered really- and still here to hassle you all some, what a very lucky fool I am
I can fix anything!
22-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Shaun..My God, man, we'll never get our breakfast!smilie
START LINE??? What was that all about?Bonk
By the way, we are all very glad you're still around to cause more mayhem...smilie (did I really say that?smilie)
Chris... you looked peaky at the test day on Sunday... I think you are right, you're coming down with delayed lurgy... due about the end of May.smilie
Naughtysmilie
22-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

thewitch Wrote:Shaun..My God, man, we'll never get our breakfast!smilie
START LINE??? What was that all about?Bonk
By the way, we are all very glad you're still around to cause more mayhem...smilie (did I really say that?smilie)
Chris... you looked peaky at the test day on Sunday... I think you are right, you're coming down with delayed lurgy... due about the end of May.smilie
Naughtysmilie

Steela Travells well in a bus remember, there is more food value in beer, than beer value in food!

Just prioritising again here

Hey, have you checked your PM'Z lately?
I can fix anything!
22-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Find Reply