How's it going this weekend?
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
How's it going this weekend?
It's been quiet on here the last few hours and as a relative newbie thought I'd just say HI Yahoo
Well done to Helen and all the other admin/mods I've yet to meet, it might be a quieter forum than some of the other TT ones but the experience is enjoyable Big Grin
Feels like home already Cool
SteveEnglish
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2008, 12:12 AM by steve-e.)
27-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: How's it going this weekend?
Thanks, Steve. We try! Like yourself, we are passionate about the subject, sidecars in your case, TT in ours, and we want this to be a place where people can come to share that.
Debate, humour and stories all count, but we try, as do you, to "keep it clean".smilie
It does sometimes feel as if we are referees, but generally people aren't looking for conflict, just have different viewpoints.
Keep dropping in, and I hope we can help each other, as we have done in the past.
For the benefit of those who don't know him, Steve English runs a very busy website called Steve's Place, which is THE sidecar racing site. Go and have a look. It even has a TT section, with a slightly familiar moderator!smilie
http://www.steveenglish.com
27-04-2008, 07:23 AM
steve-e Offline

And we lost the witch smilie on the last re install, will have to put her back on there Lol
So how's the weekend going. ?
SteveEnglish
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2008, 10:03 AM by steve-e.)
27-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

It's a glorious, sunny day here in Castletown, and I am preparing the crowd barriers for the spectacular arrival tomorrow of Cargo on the Island. smilie smilie Crowd control may be a problem, but the authorities are aware!!smilie
Cargo is bringing across a Manx Grand Prix newcomer, and several regular MGP competitors will be consulted, as Cargo, of course, knows nothing about braking points etc (I have Nick Jefferies authority on this!)Yahoo
I think the general intention is to go round and round in a borrowed car until they are dizzy. There may be a short session in a well known Castletown hostelry later.... it's next to the Police Station so authorities again know!!smilie
27-04-2008, 10:12 AM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
thewitch Wrote:It's a glorious, sunny day here in Castletown, and I am preparing the crowd barriers for the spectacular arrival tomorrow of Cargo on the Island. smilie smilie Crowd control may be a problem, but the authorities are aware!!smilie
Cargo is bringing across a Manx Grand Prix newcomer, and several regular MGP competitors will be consulted, as Cargo, of course, knows nothing about braking points etc (I have Nick Jefferies authority on this!)Yahoo
I think the general intention is to go round and round in a borrowed car until they are dizzy. There may be a short session in a well known Castletown hostelry later.... it's next to the Police Station so authorities again know!!smilie

I rather think that given the bike that Cargo will have for the Manx this year, some of his own braking points will need to be revised . . . .
smilie
27-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Hi Larry. I've just been round checking that the standards are being kept up at your favourite Bowling Green cafe. Mmmmmm the carrot cake! Hope there's some left by the time you get here for the Pre-TT!
27-04-2008, 05:25 PM
steve-e Offline

It rained today! Thunder, lightning the full shabang. Unimpressed. So we went and bought Mandy a new laptop, just because Smile
Not long now til we come over.. Big Grin
SteveEnglish
27-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Really looking forward to it all... as much to seeing you all as the racing, I think!smilie
27-04-2008, 07:28 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
thewitch Wrote:Hi Larry. I've just been round checking that the standards are being kept up at your favourite Bowling Green cafe. Mmmmmm the carrot cake! Hope there's some left by the time you get here for the Pre-TT!

Me?

Carrot cake??

At the Bowling Green???

Is yer heid light wumman????

Censored2

Never mind - we shall arrive (complete with everybody's favourite Jack Russell) in the Billown paddock at approx 2.30pm on Sunday May 18th - we should be fit to receive guests by about 6 pm?

smilieGood Witchsmilie
27-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
This is what makes this website special for me.
We get to meet greet and chat with the very gods who mke the TT special.
By that, I mean you riders.
On top of that, we mere mortals mix with legends from past racing around the Island.
Yes Uncle Nick that means you.
Then there are the marshalls who give their time to the great races.
In addition to all this, there are the special characters, some of whom are themselves
riders and ex riders and even marshalls.
I love this website for its uniqueness.
Thank you Malcom, Helen and Cargo especially.
Oh, and I havent been to the Bowling green for some time.
Save me some carot cake!

It is indeed, not long now and I have special personal health reasons for
making this an extra special TT and I cabt wait.
I intend to see as much and hear as much and taste as much as I can.

Hoping to see as many of you as I can while in the Island.

Take care everyone.
MV
28-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Website Find Reply