Course inspection cars
FC
Unregistered

Course inspection cars
I may be wrong but are the cars that are to be used at this years TT only 2 seaters ?, what happens if a rider breaks down, in the past the inspection car could bring them back to the paddock
30-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: Coarse inspection cars
Any reason you are hellbent on stirring trouble and looking on the doom and gloom side of everything?

With 24 days to go and people working tirelessly behind the scenes to make the TT a great event maybe a little more positivity is called for?

I thought you were for the TT and had a huge involvement wither now on in the past with Victor?

True the ACU don't have many fans in their club...least of all me, but let's at least see how they do this year.
30-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Fitz Wrote:Any reason you are hellbent on stirring trouble and looking on the doom and gloom side of everything?

With 24 days to go and people working tirelessly behind the scenes to make the TT a great event maybe a little more positivity is called for?

I thought you were for the TT and had a huge involvement wither now on in the past with Victor?

True the ACU don't have many fans in their club...least of all me, but let's at least see how much room is left in thier pockets at the end of the TT.smilie

[Image: seeya.jpg]
Who does this remind you off

OK lets say the likes of Big H and Connor break down on the same lap in practice, Id like to see them get in the back of an Audi TT
30-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
I'm sure Audi might take exception to their cars being referred to as "coarse" !!! :-)
30-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: Course inspection cars
I can see Big H stopping the car, throwing the driver out and getting it back himself.
30-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
the size of big H tho he'd have to take the roof of first...oh he's a fireman so he can do that........can his pit crew just make sure he can fit a tin opener somewhere on his bike
30-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
The Course Inspection cars will be Audi A4 Saloon Cars.

Whoever is supplying you with your information Colin, I would suggest you ignore them in future, because they are supplying you with incorrect information.

Paul
01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
samwise Offline

Threads: 4
I would say that lack of information plays a part in this - IOMTT.com, Audi.co.uk, etc all only mention the TTS in conjunction with the TT races. The inference from the press releases is that the Audi TT will be the official car - if it isn't, the press release could've been worded better.

It now appears, from your reply, that the TTS is only being debuted in the IOM, and that A4s are being used as course cars - that makes a lot more sense than the press releases implied.
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
TTS' will be used as Course Cars also to open the roads. The two TTS' at the TT will be the only two in the country at the time.

Paul
01-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Paul Phillips Wrote:TTS' will be used as Course Cars also to open the roads. The two TTS' at the TT will be the only two in the country at the time.

Paul

Thanks Paul, only posted what Id read on the Audi site that the TTS was being supplied to the Isle of Man TT, its their facts not minesmilie

The latest and most powerful model in the iconic Audi TT range – the new 272PS TTS – will make a fittingly dynamic debut in Britain.
The race, first staged in 1905, is an event in which machines from one of Audi’s founding companies have competed with considerable success. It will be held from 24th May to 6th June.

Peter Duffy, Audi UK’s Head of Marketing, commented, ‘Having been supporters of the British Superbike Championship in recent years, we’re now delighted to be associated with the Isle of Man TT races and to be able to play an active part in this world famous event.
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM