Euromanx
thewitch
Unregistered

Euromanx
It has just been confirmed that Euromanx has ceased trading. More as I get it.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news
09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Euromanx
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
thewitch Wrote:http://www.euromanx.com/
Oh dear, I have already paid for flights from Belfast to IOM for the Manx, then to Manchester. Keep us posted please Helen. I shall also await news from my Travel Agent in Oz.
09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

If they have your email address you should be contacted by Flybe and Manx2.com, but if it was a travel agent booking, I think they might contact the agent.
As your bookings were for a bit ahead, it may even be that they refund your money and you need to start again. If so, I would advise booking online.
DON'T PANIC!
Keep checking http://www.euromanx.com and http://www.iomtoday.co.im
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
cargo
Unregistered

Don't worry Jan Manx2.com are offering free travel to anyone with Euromanx tickets traveling to/from Belfast.

Just don't bring any luggage smilie
09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

The current advice is not to contact Flybe if your booking is later than the next couple of days, as they need to deal with the most immediate first.
Looks as if everyone will be offered, without any extra cost, an alternative flight.
There may be some circumstances, however, when the times don't work for you, so I would suggest anyone in this situation contact Flybe (Manchester, London etc) or Manx2.com (Belfast) after 12 May, if they have not been in touch by then.
For travellers it's more of a pain than a disaster.. had the same problems a few years ago when Aer Arran stopped doing some of their flights and the other airlines flights didn't connect for me..aaargh.... but I got here eventaully!
Apparently several other smaller companies have gone in the last three weeks due to high fuel costs.
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
It did turn up eventually Cargo, albeit with some battered crisps inside Evil
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

09-05-2008, 09:55 AM
cargo
Unregistered

Yeah your right Malcolm...............smilie

I can just see the mess Jans luggage would make.............several dozen bottles of Chardonnay and a box of roo burgers smilie

[Image: News1222GrolschCrash2.jpg]
09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
[quote=cargo]
Yeah your right Malcolm...............smilie

I can just see the mess Jans luggage would make.............several dozen bottles of Chardonnay and a box of roo burgers smilie
Ha,
Last time we went via Qantas, Aer Linguis, AerAran to IoM, unbeknown to me, daughter was carrying two bottles of Aussie Beer which were the last two left by my mother (who had recently died). Her anniversary was June 4th, Mad Sunday, and daughter presented me with the beer to celebrate. No wonder she was pannicking when I was throwing her back pack around during the journey!!! So, Cargo, you are very close to the truth. lol.
Re EuroManx....I shall sit and wait for a while. Something surely will happen with another airline. Goodness, it has made a mess of TT plans though.
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

If you are booked for any time after the end of June, read this. If you have booked through a travel agent, or using your credit card, you should have some protection

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Tourism-c...4087191.jp

Tourism chiefs fear EuroManx's collapse hitting racegoers

EuroManx ceased trading

TOURISM chiefs fear EuroManx's collapse could hit TT racegoers.

And hopes that airline VLM would come to the rescue of stranded passengers on the London City route have been dashed – while Flybe has warned that its offer of free seats for those let down by EuroManx will come to close at the end of June.

Flybe, which came to the rescue of thousands of stranded passengers when EuroManx ceased trading on Friday, has announced that it will operate an extra Saturday return flight on its Manchester route at the beginning and end of race week.

Manx2.com, which rebooked more than 1,000 EuroManx customers free of charge on its Belfast route, said it still has availability on flights over the TT period but would put on extra flights if needed.

But Tourism Minister Adrian Earnshaw said: 'We are obviously concerned that our visitors are catered for as well as possible – there's no question about this but we will do our best.

'I'm really grateful to Flybe and Manx2.com for pulling out all the stops to alleviate this situation.'

He said his department would be liaising with colleagues at the Department of Transport to do all they could to ensure that racegoers' would get to and from the Island.

Meanwhile VLM has confirmed it will not be able to help passengers booked on the London City route left high and dry from EuroManx's collapse – a move that could hit business travellers in particular.

A spokesman for VLM said: 'We were aware that Flybe suggested, and the Manx Government had hoped, we might be able to assist passengers stranded by EuroManx's voluntary liquidation.

'Under other circumstances, we would have done our best to help.

However, due to the very small scale of our operation from the Isle of Man, this simply isn't possible.

'Our route from the Isle of Man to London City has been loss-making for quite some time now and, as a small, independent airline, it is therefore financially unjustifiable for us to offer free seats on this scale.'
15-05-2008, 12:50 PM