IOMSPC back to full strength
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
IOMSPC back to full strength
[Image: TH0_95200832SteamPacket_3vessels_1.jpg]

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company's fleet is due to be back to full strength on Monday after Snaefell returned to service.

With her new livery and new name – she was formerly Sea Express 1 – Snaefell completed the company's re-branding exercise that has seen all three vessels refurbished, with SuperSeaCat Two renamed Viking.

Chief executive Mark Woodward said: 'We launched the revamped design earlier this year, but this is the first time since then that we'll have had all three vessels in service together.

'To look down from Douglas Head and see the three of them lined up together, preparing to sail in their new livery, is a fantastic sight.

'We feel the new logo design and livery is a return to the company's Manx roots and this was a major factor in the final decision.

'It is vital that the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, as the Island's number one tourist carrier, projects a positive image for the Island.'

Isle of Man has been restored to the logo and 'traditional designs and colours' have been used.

New staff uniforms have been introduced in black, with 'retro design accessories'.

As well as a new look, the Steam Packet said there has been an increased focus on service to passengers, with a new passenger manager, Jim Sheppard, responsible for delivering service quality and consistency, and a new terminal manager, Wayne Lisy, in charge of Douglas Terminal operations.

The former 1st and Blue Riband services have been revised. 1st has been renamed the Manannan Premium Lounge and Blue Riband the Manannan Executive Club.

Each ship also has a new Niarbyl Lounge, which offers the opportunity to pre-book reserved seats, and all lounges have been decorated with the new branding and corporate colours.

With thanks to iomtoday.co.im
12-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: IOMSPC back to full strength
Watched the "new" boat running up and down the coast here for a couple of weeks. Now I want to see it arriving, full of motorcyclists!Yahoo
12-05-2008, 07:52 AM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: IOMSPC back to full strength
I "saw" the new Snaefell set off this morning on the Manx Radio webcam and have been following her progress since on the link below. (I have a half day today !)

http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=234481000

I sailed on the Old Snaefell Steamer many years ago before these new-fangled vessels came onto the scene.

The longest ferry trip over that I remember was 6.5 hours, the weather was so very BAD.

I am watching to see the time taken by the new Snaefell !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2008, 09:26 AM by ian huntly.)
12-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Website Find Reply