BBC COVERAGE NW
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
BBC COVERAGE NW
Ok so we all enjoyed the coverage of the NW by the beeb so please tell them how much it was apprecieted by all that logged on smiliesmiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
18-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
RE: BBC COVERAGE NW
I have contacted the Sports unit of the BBC to say firstly how good the coverage was, and secondly, how can they not tell the Dunlop story - both father and son. As an example of determination and dedication in sport it is right up there with the best, and as a human interest story it surely deserves a wider audience?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
19-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
I thought the BBC coverage was absolutely outstanding on Saturday, both the streaming on the web and the 2 races shown live on BBC Interactive. In particular I thought Stephen Watson did a wonderful job. He has been much maligned by some in the past, but watching him do his job live throughout the day showed what a consummate professional he is. Phillip McCallen was also excellent as co-commentator for the first 3 races - almost (though not quite) as entertaining as he used to be on the bike! Full marks to the BBC for a job well done.
19-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

There was also live coverage on Radio Ulster (BBC) Mike Swan was one of the commentators I thought he did a good job as well and I think I'm right to say thats only the second time he's done it.

Just imagine how good the coverage of the TT would be if the BBC could only get that job. Some extra commentary points? Live webcams ?
19-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Keith Pursglove Offline

Threads: 1
I emailed BBC NI on Saturday night after the excellent coverage they gave the NW200 to congratulate them.
Also asked if highlights were going to be shown on BBC1 or 2 in the next couple of weeks. No reply as yet.

Surely with exciting racing like that they may get the idea to show us more, and even a bit more of the TT!

Even non road racing viewers could not have failed to have been moved by Michael's emotional victory in the 250 race.
What drama.
19-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Find Reply