The Greatest Free Show On Earth My ....
FC
Unregistered

RE: The Greatest Free Show On Earth My ....
Restricted areas are for permit holders only, medical, media,marshalls,landowners and maybe some of the top teams for sign boards ect
30-05-2008, 01:04 PM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Alan, I think you misunderstand Tom's sense of irony! It's the nice chaps at the ACU he's having a go at, and saying they won't be happy with you and others daring to criticise they way the TT is being run this year!!

Incidentally, I spent half an hour last night watching from the Quarter Bridge prison - not my first choice of vantage point, but I was in the area. Actually the view through the metal grille isn't too bad and we didn't even have to pay for the privilege! Michael Dunlop was the first rider I saw through, and he was certainly spectacular - a little late with the brakes and back end going sideways into the corner. Fastest of all through QB though was Tim Reeves on the sidecar - superb stuff.
30-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Find Reply
oatssi Offline

Threads: 1
It appears I have. Apologies Tom, too clever for me.
PaddockGossip.com
30-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Ian, as Colin says ,restricted areas are for medics,marshals,police etc., and Prohibited areas are for NOBODY.The only exception is if an injured rider is in one of these areas and has to be attended to.The area at Joeys last year was in fact a prohibited area.I really don't know why we were all there![/font]
30-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Cant remember who posted it, But it looks like they were right, Let The ACU back in the front door the TT will end up out the back door.

No crack at all this year, Creg Na Barr are charging £20 to watch the bikes, how much is Hillberry corner
31-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
NO APOLOGY NEEDED OATSIE. I THINK YOUR POSTS ARE BRILLIANT. AS A NEWCOMER TO THE FORUM YOU WILL NOT BE AWARE OF MY DETESTATION OF POL POT PARKER AND THE REST OF THE COCKROACHES OF THE ACU WHO HAVE HIJACKED OUR SPORT AND TURNED IT INTO A CABAL OF A MONEY MAKING MACHINE AND THE ACU INTO A DICTORSHIP NO LONGER ANSWERABLE TO THE MEMBERSHIP WHO PAY THEIR WAGES.

AS A FIRT TIME VISITOR TO THE TT IN 1957 FOLLOWED BY OER TWENTY YEARS OF PERSONAL RIDER RACING ON THE MOUNTAIN AND A SPONSOR IT LEAVES ME GUTTED TO SEE WHAT A GRUBBY AFFAIR THAT HAS BECOME AFTER THE GLORY YEARS,

THE BIGGEST LOSERS ARE THE VISITORS OF TODAY WHO COULD NEVER IMAGINE THE DAYS OF THE 50s TO THE EARLY 80s WHEN IT WAS TRULY ON OF THE WORLDS GREATEST SPORTING EVENTS AND NOT JUST AMONE MAKING MACHINE, SNOUTS IN THE TROUGH FOR THE FEW TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE TT AND SOONER OR LATER THE FANS WILL DAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND THE MONEY MAKER WILL KILL IT.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
31-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Find Reply