Manx radio
Moan Moan Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Manx radio
Don Simons Wrote:Moan Moan wrote:

"There was an MGP DVD Review for 2007, I've watched it, it has Olie Linsdell on the front cover, you can buy it from the duke website, probably."

Shouldn't 'an' comes before a singular noun beginning with a vowel?

Since you are of a punctilious predisposition perhaps an elucidation of your nominals would prevent the pernicious rumours that persist regarding your parentage.

Only joking; we know you are Adrian Earnshaw.

If you're going to mock someone for a typo it's probably best not to make a mistake while you're typing...."Shouldn't 'an' comes before a singular noun beginning with a vowel" surely you mean 'come' not 'comes'
And again, its the middle of practice week and you want to spend your time arguing over grammar. I hate to think how long you spent with a dictionary and thesaurus putting the finishing touches to your post - that's time that could have been spent enjoying the TT and discussing what we think is going to happen.
It's just too sad.
Counting down the days to TT09!
28-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

GarryD Wrote:
The Bag Wrote:No I haven't bought a TT DVD for a few years now. I take on board your point of biting off my nose to spite my face.
I also have not asked who ordered the launch of TT live, but whoever it was should have made damn sure that before it took peoples money it could provide the service it claimed to be doing.
Why won't you post your real name either? Nobodies gonna fall out with you or think you a bigger t*t than me Tongue Wink I'm the biggest t*t of all Yahoo
Cheers
Russ

To right Russ, don't you ujst love em these who hide their proper names, hope you all keeping well mate

I must have missed something, can't see your surname Garry.
28-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

FC Wrote:
The Bag Wrote:If you take Colins offer of the boat you could then see how much 'value for money' TT visitors get from the racket company, you see the TT and MGP visitors I strongly suspect ' subsidise' the fares for the Manx people all year round? Which I would say offestes the subsidising of Manx radio you kind people do for us
Russ

HE OR SHE WONT HAVE AN ANSWER TO THAT RUSS

I'm not sure why Mr Moore is shouting, or perhaps his caps lock button is broken, but I do have an answer actually. This thread is about Manx Radio and the TT Live service - not the Steam Packet. You'll get no argument from me that the Australian-owned Isle of Man Steam Packet hikes up prices during the TT, and probably MGP, to take as much money as possible off dedicated fans who want to come and spend time - and cash - in the Isle of Man. There is no doubt the money they make during the TT helps keep prices down for the rest of the year, but the price of ferry travel is still too high, especially with the limited vessels, limited routes and limited sailing times they offer outside TT time. The Steam Packet has a monopoly and the Isle of Man Government should be doing more to regulate the prices, especially to prevent our guests being ripped off. I'm not exactly sure how the Steam Packet ripping off fans manages to offset the cost of Manx Radio, but I understand the point you are making.
However, I really don't think you can compare the Steam Packet, which overcharges all-year-long and then doubles and trebles prices to rip off TT fans, to paying £20 for the gold service offered on TT Live.
28-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Find
thewitch
Unregistered

Whoa...whoa... this thread is so boring, and sometimes verging on the personal. Can we just forget the petty squabbles and get on with enjoying the fantastic efforts the riders are making?
Look at Tim and Patrick, out there every opportunity. See the boys who have come from across the world to race here... THAT'S what the TT is about.
Enjoy... stop bitching... the TT is here... now>
28-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Moan Moan Offline

thewitch Wrote:Whoa...whoa... this thread is so boring, and sometimes verging on the personal. Can we just forget the petty squabbles and get on with enjoying the fantastic efforts the riders are making?
Look at Tim and Patrick, out there every opportunity. See the boys who have come from across the world to race here... THAT'S what the TT is about.

Can't you just lock the thread?
28-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Find
thewitch
Unregistered

Yes, I could, but I trust you guys to be good!smilie
28-05-2008, 11:42 AM
FC
Unregistered

Moan Moan Wrote:
thewitch Wrote:Whoa...whoa... this thread is so boring, and sometimes verging on the personal. Can we just forget the petty squabbles and get on with enjoying the fantastic efforts the riders are making?

Can't you just lock the thread?

Radio TT is meant to be a non profit making venture, explain the cost of £10 and £20 fees for two weeks, not even Manx Telecom would have the neck to charge that for extra BandwithBonk

Dear Colin,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Manx Radio broadcasts Manx Radio TT from the Isle of Man on its AM frequency AM1368. This covers the whole Island and reaches as far afield as Ireland, Northwest England, North Wales and Scotland. In the past Manx Radio has streamed Manx Radio TT on line via manxradio.com but, as this only has the capacity for 100 people to listen at any one time, it was not considered a satisfactory solution for the future.

Since 2007 the IOM TT www site has been the responsibility of DUKE Marketing. The site iomtt.com provides a world - class resource for the Island with massive coverage of the TT. Manx Radio decided to put the streaming of Manx Radio TT exclusively via iomtt.com as it enables many more people both on and off the Isle of Man the opportunity to engage with the TT coverage at a much higher level. Manx Radio TT provides its streaming of the event on a non-profit making basis in order to provide a level of service it could otherwise not envisage.

For those who do not have access to the internet, Manx Radio TT is still broadcast on AM1368. For those who do not have access to an AM receiver, special Manx Radio TT earpiece radios can be purchased at outlets at all over the Isle of Man. These are also supplied via Manx Radio TT on a non - profit making basis.

Manx Radio and Manx Radio TT strive to provide a high quality service via as many channels as possible. In order to meet the largest audience possible the station has to look at the economic viability of the situation. This may involve the station in developing partnerships in order to satisfy the needs of the many, as we have with DUKE Marketing. Unfortunately, there will always be those that we cannot, for various reasons, reach via the channels available.

Kind regards

Anthony Pugh

Managing Director

Manx Radio

Broadcasting House

PO 1368

Douglas

Isle of Man

IM99 1SW
28-05-2008, 12:00 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
I think (as with other things!) that Duke/ManxRadio/ACUE have got it wrong: if the excellent commentaries were freely available on the net, and appropriate publicity given to that fact, a very wide audience all over the world could listen in. This would not only maintain/increase interest in the TT as a major sporting event, but provide a great platform to sell advertising on the station - not just for 'Mylchreest's Fish & Chip Shop, Valley Parade' and so on, but world-wide major brands, like Coke and Kellogs.
You could compare it to football (Yuk!), where sure there are some fanatics who will subscribe to Setanta or MUFCTV or whatever, but in terms of massive audiences for big games, these are found watching ITV, and those annoying ads that are all round the grounds as well as in the intervals.
Making it pay-per-listen keeps it as a small niche operation, and does nothing to build the event.
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
28-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Find
thewitch
Unregistered

I told you I was getting bored! Go and have a cup of tea, like this top lad, and cheer up. Be like Guy.. SMILE... be happy!

[Image: guysmugTT742-1.jpg]

This thread WAS now closedsmilie

I have been persuaded to re-open this thread,to allow people to detail their experience. NO personal remarks or speculation, please. The thread will close tomorrow, or sooner of conditions are breached.
28-05-2008, 12:45 PM
FC
Unregistered

I have been told that this thread is being watched with interest by a couple of MHKs who may be asking some questions about all the complaints being made here and on other forums.
28-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
[quote=thewitch]
I told you I was getting bored! Go and have a cup of tea, like this top lad, and cheer up. Be like Guy.. SMILE... be happy!

[Image: guysmugTT742-1.jpg]

Nice cupsmilie
I can fix anything!
28-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Find
thewitch
Unregistered

Tee hee... nice lad... and I hope you are having a nice cup of tea, as am I!

[Image: shaunsbusrun.jpg]

Happy memories, Shaun! smilie Yahoo
28-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

thewitch Wrote:Tee hee... nice lad... and I hope you are having a nice cup of tea, as am I!

Have I just walked into some thing HARD
I can fix anything!
28-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Find
Shaun Harris Offline

Shaun Harris Wrote:
thewitch Wrote:Tee hee... nice lad... and I hope you are having a nice cup of tea, as am I!

Have I just walked into some thing HARD

Way cool, cheers honey. I noticed the Hidden? link, and thought I was in the P--P there, on ya
I can fix anything!
28-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Find
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41
The way Moany fended off you lot in this thread before it was hijacked by the grinning Harris and his associates has to be one of the funniest things in an otherwise sad beginning to this years roadracing. Brilliant bantering of the highest order!smilie
28-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Find
cargo
Unregistered

And guess who started it smilie
28-05-2008, 06:51 PM
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41
cargo Wrote:And guess who started it smilie

A bit of a no brainer there Stephen...smilie

Moany quote from page 4 replying to Colin...still has me p!ssin meself

"Duke doesn't have any rights to film any of the races and relies on Greenlight to provide footage to produce the review.
So, I suppose, the basic question I'm asking is what are you talking about? And I'll wager I'm not the first person to ask you that in your lifetime."
28-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Find
FC
Unregistered

crazy blanket Wrote:The way Moany fended off you lot in this thread before it was hijacked by the grinning Harris and his associates has to be one of the funniest things in an otherwise sad beginning to this years roadracing. Brilliant bantering of the highest order!smilie

PERSONAL REMARK REMOVED
28-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
I had it for free for one night....anyways did try to pay but as I only use a debit card" which DUKE or iom.com do not except "Credit cards only" lost my vote" and 15 quid.
28-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Website Find
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
FC Wrote:[quote=crazy blanket]
The way Moany fended off you lot in this thread before it was hijacked by the grinning Harris and his associates has to be one of the funniest things in an otherwise sad beginning to this years roadracing. Brilliant bantering of the highest order!smilie

PERSONAL REMARK REMOVED

Have some laughs on here....
28-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Website Find