Injured riders
thewitch
Unregistered

Injured riders
In the light of the rumours and misinformation generated last year, please DO NOT POST rumours, info that has not been officially confirmed, or privileged, confidential details about riders involved in incidents.
These posts, while seeming helpful sometimes, and no doubt done with the best of intentions, can cause great distress to friends, relatives, and the people concerned themselves.
All such posts will be removed.
Wishing a safe, happy, fast TT to all competitors.
27-05-2008, 10:54 AM
FC
Unregistered

RE: Injured riders
James Mc Bride.
Manx Radio are reporting that James is in a stable condition at Nobles Hospital.

We all wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.
27-05-2008, 02:46 PM
FC
Unregistered

Hi All,

I'm Rob Barber a good friend of James. I've just heard from Womble James Mechanic. He is alot better this morning. I believe he had an operation on his broken arm last night. he has a couple of cracked ribs and a couple and some other minor injuries but all in all he's ok they seemed to be most concerned about his arm last night.
27-05-2008, 03:52 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

That's good news. Thanks. If he needs anything PM and we'll do out best.
How long will he be here?
27-05-2008, 04:01 PM
FC
Unregistered

Helen I took that from IOMTT. His team Boss Simon Benny has just been on Manx Radio and has praised the Hospital for what he described as how a health service should be, and would like to thank all who have been of a fantastic help to James.
27-05-2008, 04:06 PM
nutty slack Offline

Threads: 9
Hi Rob
Wish James a very speedy recovery. He's in excellent hands at Nobles and hopefully will be out soon.smilie
27-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
Also heard his team boss mention that they were worried sick about James for hours and because they got no info at all they were fearing the worst.
Communication issues????
27-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Phil Windrum Wrote:Also heard his team boss mention that they were worried sick about James for hours and because they got no info at all they were fearing the worst.
Communication issues????

TOTAL bullcrap.

READ THIS>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=20896
27-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:
Phil Windrum Wrote:Also heard his team boss mention that they were worried sick about James for hours and because they got no info at all they were fearing the worst.
Communication issues????

TOTAL bullcrap.

READ THIS>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=20896

What is the Manx Radio and ISLE OF MAN Hospital phone numbers please? And well said above
I can fix anything!
28-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Manx Radio 01624661368 or radio TT 01624682682

Nobles Hospital 01624650000
28-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:Manx Radio 01624661368 or radio TT 01624682682

Nobles Hospital 01624650000

Thanks mate, on the blower now to the hospital!
I can fix anything!
28-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

FC, I'm only reporting what I heard with my own ears. Perhaps the link doesn't contain the whole interview? He wasn't referring to communication from the hospital by the way.
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2008, 12:00 PM by Phil Windrum.)
28-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Phill click on the Audio Clip link.

By the way Ive been there got the T shirt, Nobles Hospital staff cant do enough to help, first class service.
28-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Phil Windrum Offline

FC Wrote:Phill click on the Audio Clip link.

I see my initial post may have been perceived as criticism of Noble's Hospital and their communication. This was not my point and I apologise for not making it more clear.
Without wanting to harp on about this the link only contains the bit regarding his praise for the hospital in a 25 second clip. As an NHS employee myself it's nice to see my colleagues getting a bit of praise and god forbid I would slag them off.
What I took from the interview with Russell was some confusion during the bit before they actually got to the hospital. Perhaps info on James' condition was slow getting to them at the track?
He actually made a comment to the effect of being surprised at James "only having a busted arm and a few broken ribs" (!!!) after fearing the worst earlier and not getting any info to the contrary.
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2008, 10:54 PM by Phil Windrum.)
28-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Phil Windrum Wrote:
FC Wrote:Phill click on the Audio Clip link.

Without wanting to harp on about this the link only mentions his praise for the hospital. As an NHS employee myself it's nice to see my colleagues getting a bit of praise. I think he was referring to the bit before he actually got to the hospital as I've said.

Phill Ive heard the whole interview, Mr Benny could not get over how much help he received, access to phones, plenty of tea and refreshments, kept updated on the condition of James at all times, offered transport and what ever else he could have asked for.
If you want Phil I ask him to post up on here if you want.
As I said before Ive got the T shirt not once but twice and have to say that the assisstance that you are given is out of this world.
28-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Phil Windrum Offline

Fair enough, I heard wrong then!
28-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I think we are all delighted that the delay in opening the road, which worried us all, was just clearing up the mess and not something more sinister, but I think it reinforces what I posted at the top of the thread.
PLEASE do not post rumours. Let's wait for official news on any incidents... let's hope there are none anyway.
Glad to hear James is doing well.
29-05-2008, 08:59 AM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Please continue to post any accurate updates about the improving condition of injured riders. I'm sure that it is not just Gorse Lea Marshals that really appreciate such good news.
Crazydance
29-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Heavens, one of them has escaped!smilie
29-05-2008, 10:12 AM
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
Firstly I would like wish all injured riders a speedy recovery.

My only other comment is one based on personal experience at the Manx.

The organisers (and quite rightly so in my opinion) let the friends and family of a fallen rider know as soon as sensibly possible that they are being taken to hospital. The only problem with this is it’s not until the hospital have had time to asses the rider and get back to the organisers that they can tell you any more than they have been taken to hospital but are ok. Ok is quite a broad description and although it may only be 5 minutes until you get more information that can feel like a lifetime. No amount of questions to the organisers will get answers they don’t have.

They might not do things this way anymore (luckily I have not had to find out for a few years) and people get helicopter rides in more regularly now (just to be sure) so the above may not be fully accurate to the current situation. However the few minutes feeling like a life time will never change.

To all riders have an enjoyable and safe TT I’ll be there come the Manx.

I'll finish it one day!
29-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Find Reply