Marshalling?
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Marshalling?
Before I start I have always supported marshaling and the great teams of people out there, but I have to say tonight was not one of their finest moments at one point on the course. There was flash photography being used and not one of the marshals reacted until the photographer got off at least 6 or 7 shots, they were all too busy on their phones to notice. At least one of them said something after the photographer had his shots, but it was a shambles at a very dangerous point.

I know that this is not the general standard but am very very surprised at this especially after all that went on after last year. This could have had serious consequences for the competitors especially in the wet.

Lets hope this is just a one off.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
27-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: Marshalling?
Hey Chicken,

There is nothing written down now to say people can't use flash cameras.

I admit that if it was a particularly dark place (Like Glen Helen) and that flash was pointed right in the riders face then maybe something should be said, but generally we don't worry so much about it now.

There have been various forums with riders and the rider liason officers (Milky and JB) who all said the same thing 'We don't see them'

I think really it is a case of 'common sense' approach rather than a blanket ban on flashes.

I will agree with you on one point though....if marshals are spending all their time looking at their phones and not watching the bikes then that is not so clever.

Maybe have a word with their CSM on contact the TTMA office and let them take it forward.

Take is easy fella.

Fitz.
27-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Marshalling?
Hi Fitzy mate.

I know that I was never bothered about the camera thing .... lol and I don't think you were either, but this seemed straight in their faces rather than the side or off centre. It was a little dark out there but it was straight in the riders faces and I do think that this makes the difference. Sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier.

Have a good TT mate and come and see us play at the Manxie on the 31st or the QB on the 3rd. Will do a rendition of some of the classics..... take you back to the Lido days .....lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
27-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Find Reply