Rutter again again again...
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
Rutter again again again...
According to BBC website Rutter was offered James McBride's Phase 1 Superbike but couldn't race due to "other commitments"

Now being riden by Michael D.
28-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

RE: Rutter again again again...
He can not ride here no entry and as stated many times no late entries would be accepted
28-05-2008, 11:07 PM
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
I was looking at a thread a couple of weeks ago I think by Paul Phillips and it said he could ride as long as it was a team who where willing to drop a rider or for some reason one of the team riders could not race correct me if I'm wrong.
28-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
oggy Wrote:I was looking at a thread a couple of weeks ago I think by Paul Phillips and it said he could ride as long as it was a team who where willing to drop a rider or for some reason one of the team riders could not race correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought too Oggy. He has only missed one timed session and is in a similar position with qualifying to Michael for example. He previously stated NW200 Ducati would allow him to ride and there's no date conflict with BSB.
28-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

I may be wrong but was it not Paul that said late entries would not be accepted regardless of who the rider was.

Yes FC is spot on again, read on http://www.realroadracing.com/forum/view...te+entries

And on the front page here

http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6346

Not even if it is Valentino himself
29-05-2008, 12:13 AM
missbiker Offline

Threads: 0
From the Paul Phillips on the 'other' TT forum:

"The situation is this. Michael's team do not want to take part in TT 2008 for their own reasons being budgetary or whatever. Michael very much does. He has not entered the TT though and entries are now closed.

However, his team have now given him permission to ride the TT for another team and indeed another manufacturer if an opportunity arises. Can that happen if he hasn't entered? Well the answer is yes, if a team which has an entry, holds a valid Entrants License and for whatever reason decides to replace their entered rider with Michael, who would be eligible given the fact that he has not had an entry for the 2008 TT refused.

So the chances of Michael riding at TT 2008 are remote, but never say never!

Paul"

Want to read the full story

Would MR not, therefore, be in the same situation as MD, and as long as he could complete 3 timed practice laps, he would be eligible to ride on a pre-entered bike???
missy Yahoo
29-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Find Reply