DJ's Mum
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
DJ's Mum
This ain't easy folks, but I've just returned from my brother's house, (Tony Jefferies). He rang me tonight to inform me that his wife Pauline, mother of DJ, died in her armchair late this afternoon.
I know this will sadden the thousands of DJ fans, especially as it was 5 years yesterday since we lost him. Tony and Pauline had many friends over on the Island, and were due to go over on Sunday.
I can't say anymore at this stage, maybe it'll be worth visiting DJ's website ,if you knew Tony and Pauline, and of course DJ's sister Loobie to post your condolences.
30-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Find Reply
zxrrsteve Offline

Threads: 1
RE: DJ's Mum
Pass on my and many others thoughts at this time to the family
30-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Totally shocked and stunned to read this.

There are really no words.....

But my thoughts and heartfelt condolences are with the family.

So sad.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
30-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Pauline lived her life in true Jefferies fashion.........at 100mph plus. She was never far away from a party of some description, and, most importantly, backed her son's racing 200%. She was a familiar figure around all the racing paddocks up to David's death. Lest we forget, she'd been right behing her man (TJ) in the early seventies before his Mallory crash. Paul Smart, Ray Pickrell, Percy Tait, John Cooper, Barry Sheene,et al, would all have partied alongside Pauline in the old days, and those remaining will lament her passing.
When I know further details, I will, with Tony and Louise's permission, let you know.
30-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
renzo Offline

Threads: 4
NickJ Wrote:Pauline lived her life in true Jefferies fashion.........at 100mph plus. She was never far away from a party of some description, and, most importantly, backed her son's racing 200%. She was a familiar figure around all the racing paddocks up to David's death. Lest we forget, she'd been right behing her man (TJ) in the early seventies before his Mallory crash. Paul Smart, Ray Pickrell, Percy Tait, John Cooper, Barry Sheene,et al, would all have partied alongside Pauline in the old days, and those remaining will lament her passing.
When I know further details, I will, with Tony and Louise's permission, let you know.
and i bet dj and his mum are still hugging each other as we speak.
sad old ex racer.
30-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Find Reply
RaceFan7 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
How very sad that DJ's mum should pass away the day after her son's 5th anniversary of his passing.

RIP both of you!
31-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
marshall2 Offline

Threads: 2
Sorry to hear, R.I.P. Family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.
31-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Pauline, Tony with a young DJ

[Image: 197362.jpg]
31-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Website Find Reply
nutty slack Offline

Threads: 9
How very very sad, my very sincere condolences to Tony and the rest of the family. Another wonderful person gone to that great racing paddock. God bless you all.
31-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
I met DJ'S mum 6 years ago on the ferry she was on top deck of the ferry and she told me how proud she was of DJ. RIP Pauline.
Roll on Kells 2010
31-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
This news is very sad Nick. Our condolences to Tony and all family and close friends.
Pauline was obviously Tony's rock and happening so close to a 5th anniversary of the loss of a son it makes you think someone up there is working in strange ways
However its not how long you live its what you do while you're here and the Jeffries family certainly live life to the full.
R.I.P. Pauline
Joan and Arthur
31-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

So well put, Arthur. My deepest condolences to all the Jefferies family.
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Very,very sorry to hear this Nick.We are thinking of you at this sad time, along with all the racing fraternity who knows your family.
01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
Charlottepullan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
The Funeral arragements are as follows:-

Tuesday 10th June at St Peters Church, Shipley, West Yorkshire at 1pm,

Tony and Louise would like to thank everyone for the lovely messages and the support people are giving them and this sad time.
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Thank you, Charlotte. Our thoughts are with Tony and the family.
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
FC
Unregistered

Would it be possible to send some flowers from the forum members.
03-06-2008, 12:52 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Good idea Colin.

My condolences to Tony and all family and close friends.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

This has been a difficult day for Tony and Louise. A huge gathering of mourners attended St Peters Church Shipley today. I was so proud of my brother when he delivered a moving eulogy to his wife, surely the most difficult task he has faced in all his years, and huge applause broke out at the conclusion.
The list of mourners didn't quite read as a who's who of the British motorcycling past and present, but it was pretty impressive. Among them, Rob Mac, Mick Grant, Colin and Robin Appleyard, Ian Hutchinson, John McGuiness, Stan Woods, Paul Smart, all the Padgetts and Tom Dickie. And from the trials world: well after the Lampkins and Rathmells, you road race bunch won't have heard of them, but believe me, they were there. The trade turned out en masse, including Andy Smith from Yamaha, and many many of Tony and Pauline's friends. She was described by Tony as a "Pied Piper", and so many youngsters who grew up with DJ were there to pay their respects.
All in all, an extremely moving affair, and I'm sure that many of you will want to continue to support Tony and Louise at this difficult time. Thank you.
10-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Sorry, FC and DC. I didn't see your messages. I was only occasionally here during the TT, so I missed them.
11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6
Sorry, I've only just seen this after coming back from the Island.

How very sad, another fine person taken.

My condolences to Tony and his family.
11-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Find Reply