Home Again
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Home Again
I couldn't agree with you more Ian. I thought that 2008 was a superb TT. Alot of people seem to have been drawing their knives prior to the event in the hope of attacking the organisers et al.

The prohibited/restricted areas debate raged on but to be fair I felt it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. On the whole, with a few exceptions, the "verboten" sections were sensible and logical.

The racing was first class and thankfully there were fewer serious incidents. They even completed the programme to time.

I met up with loads of old friends and made some new ones, the atmosphere was a joy and special thanks to Helen, Cargo, Rosie and Malcolm for the Early Morning Practice Bus. I hope the bus runs next year because I've added it to my list of must do's.

The weather, remarkable, 3 years on the trot now with some glorious conditions. Global warming I guess, bring it on.

IOMSPC, the new CEO seems to have turned this company around. Bookings were confirmed earlier than usual, no last minute cancellations or changes of sailings . The general feel on board was far more professional than in previous years and talking to their staff there does seem to be a more optimisitic attitude among them. Next year the new vessel will reduce the journey time between Liverpool and Douglas with extra capacity. Keep up the good work.

Costs; fuel, beer, eating out all big price rises across the board which is inevitable I suppose. There's no reason to expect the IOM to be immune from the financial pressures we all face.

Another thread raises the issues of crowd numbers around the course. Well judging by the large attandance at Braddan Bridge on Wednesday I'd say that the event remains popular with both visitors and residents alike.

Roll on S100, MGP and TT 2009
07-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Home Again - by ian huntly - 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
RE: Home Again - by alf885 - 07-06-2008, 07:22 AM
RE: Home Again - by thewitch - 07-06-2008, 10:27 AM