Laxey Photo Exhibition still on
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: Laxey Photo Exhibition still on
Thanks Bill, I really enjoyed my visit to this exhibition, and as in the past, keeping u with the traditions of the IOM, i was priveleged to meet Mrs (Gearldine) Campbell, wife of the late Keith Campbell, who was world champion in 1957 (or 58?)
I had a great conversation with her, and, whilst i wasnt born when Keith was champion, i did remember my late Daad telling me about him.
Now the story gets more intersting!.
When she found out i was from ireland, she asked me if i knew Billy McCosh!,yes, and this led to a few more craics.
Later that evening, i called in with firends, who live on Bray Hill, Hayden and Marion Minnay, real nice people, i have always called with them , for a slong as i remember, anyway, i was telling them about meeting Mrs Campbell, and guess what, her brother did Best Man at Haydens wedding!!.
Now if that wasnt a coincidence, after i left their house, i went for a dander down Douglas prom, and who did i meet??, none other than Billy McCosh!!
Small world or what?
Thanks for the brill pics Bill, its we things like this that i love about the TT,
Will you be doing the same for the MGP??
Baylon

[Image: WPRINT12X8021.jpg]
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laxey Photo Exhibition still on - by Baylon McCaughey - 08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
RE: Laxey Photo Exhibition still on - by cargo - 08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
RE: Laxey Photo Exhibition still on - by thewitch - 08-06-2008, 09:41 PM