Marshalls Bikes
FC
Unregistered

Marshalls Bikes
Is it true the the marshalls bikes provided by Yamaha this year were only available for the TT, if they are needed for the S100 and MGP they have to be leased (paid for ) if true this is one hell of a poor deal.
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Marshalls Bikes
There has been something of a c**k up with the bikes,they are available for the S100 as only 2 or 3 are required but due to the incompetence of Signature Promotions only 5 were to be kept for the MGP,the other 5 bikes,to the best of my knowledge,have been sold to customers of Road and Track.
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Find Reply
lancsboy Offline

Threads: 1
how maney TM are they
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Nine TMs , bit of a cock up here , only five bikes for nine Tms not good organisation .
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

ACU EVENTS LTD ARE AS MUCH USE AS ROCKING HORSE SH*TE
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2008, 09:11 AM by ttwebsite.)
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Not sure where FC and beepee get their information from, but there will be ten R1 Yamaha machines for the MGP and whatever is required for S100 as in previous years with Honda. The machines will also be available for 2009 as part of a two year deal.

Any issues relating to the S100 or the MGP are nothing to do with Signature Sponsorship, they work for the DTL on the TT only. The same can be said for ACU Events Ltd. Their involvement in things such as TM bikes is the on track management of them, not the procurement.

Best wishes

Paul
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM by Paul Phillips.)
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Paul Phillips Wrote:Not sure where FC and beepee get their information from, but there will be ten R1 Yamaha machines for the MGP and whatever is required for S100 as in previous years with Honda. The machines will also be available for 2009 as part of a two year deal.
Have they not got to be paid for by the MMCC

Any issues relating to the S100 or the MGP are nothing to do with Signature Sponsorship, they work for the DTL on the TT only. The same can be said for ACU Events Ltd. Their involvement in things such as TM bikes is the on track management of them, not the procurement.

Best wishes

Paul

Ask your traveling marshals. saying not sure what bikes they will have for MGP

Why did quite a few of the riders not get any passes for the prize presentation and ended up paying????
08-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

As I said, there will be ten R1 Yamaha machines for the MGP and whatever is required for S100 as in previous years with Honda. The machines will also be available for 2009 as part of a two year deal. They do nothave to be paid for by the MMCC or the S100 MCRC.

Paul
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

By the way Great standard of riders and races but we coulsd do with about 20 more starters
08-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

FC Wrote:By the way Great standard of riders and races but we coulsd do with about 20 more starters

I'm on it already!

Paul
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
And a handful of our 117-120mph riders quit in practise week! They will need to be replaced as well!
Good quality we had, shame grids are getting shorter, I spoke with a few spectators and some won't be back for some reasons.
Would it be an idea for the Steam Packet to send out questionaires
to their travellers asking what they think of 1/ travel 2/ what they think of the TT 3/ would they come back ?smilie

Paul can you answer the question FC asked about why some riders
didn't get their presentation tickets and couldn't get any more at race office. It's probably nothing to do with you but the organsation?smilie
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
08-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
I have no doubt there will be bikes available for the MGP but ask any travelling marshal and he will tell you the same information about the bikes as will Road & Track.

I maybe dumb but what exactly does 'on track management' mean in relation to TM's bikes.

I may also be blind but I am sure I saw Milky and Paul driving course cars during the TT,nice one wouldn't mind a blast myself.
09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
In the ferry terminal there were feedback forms which only related to the entertainment aspect of things along the prom etc. I didn't see one relating to the actual races themselves. That is the main reason why most of us go isn't it?!
09-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

You can email Paul directly, or PM on here, to tell him what you thought.
Can I suggest only constructive comments please?
No more wingeing PLEASE (I am going deaf in one ear from a constant whining noise ...) it was a great TT, and of course it can be improved, but mudslinging and constant moaning isn't the answer.
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
FC
Unregistered

Helen no one is mud slinging, they just want the truth, why would the traveling marshalls be saying that the bikes are being taken of them and are to be sold. The ACU wont give answers or even reply, example one rider wrote to the COC in regards to a serious safety issue during practice week and todate has not recieved a reply.

We all agree the racing was good but the TT is just not all about the racing.
09-06-2008, 01:39 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Paul has answered you about the bikes. I don't know why a TM didn't know, but maybe so many rumours flying about doesn't help. Hope that one is now clear.
I can't comment on the COC... that's another issue. My own experience this fortnight has been surprising. All issues raised were promptly addressed. Hope that rider's concern one is sorted quickly, and, of course, if there is a safety issue NOT being addressed... we do want to hear what it is.
I sometimes feel officials can't win, though. If they address a safety issue, they are over-reacting, if they don't... well... you can never please everyone, I suppose.
How about a relaxing week now with some praise where due?
09-06-2008, 01:48 PM
FC
Unregistered

Two of the bikes have allready been sold three left (very cheap), Five bikes are staying.
09-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

There are a number of questions to try and reply to here now.

This year we increased the allocation of presentation tickets for competitors over previous years and they were distributed to all competitors in their packs. Some competitors didn't have packs as they didn't fill in their entry forms correctly, and had to go to the Race Office to have them made up.

On the evening of the first Prize Presentation several riders turned up at the presentation with their teams expecting to be let in without tickets as they had lost them or otherwise. My team worked hard to accommodate everyone and were courteous to everyone who had a problem. Unfortunately some competitors verbally abused members of my team, some working voluntary which is totally unacceptable and to date have made no apology to my knowledge.

Unfortunately we cannot hand out an unlimited supply of tickets to competitors which some seem to expect for obvious reasons.

Beepee - on track management means the management of the machines and the rider whilst they are on the track, the same as all other race related matters.

I am not sure why the TM's or other's may belive there will not be 10 Yamaha's available for the MGP, or why they believe that Signature Sponsorship, ACU Events Ltd or anyone else has had a hand in arranging such for the MGP. It is not either's job to do so - it is up to the MMCC to arrange whatever they need to run the MGP and from my side, I will offer all the support that is requested without wanting to interfere in someone else's event. Andrew Smith MD of Yamaha Motor UK has confirmed to me that 10 bikes will be available and I have no reason to believe that he was lying.

Best wishes

Paul
09-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Thanks Paul, To give verbal abuse is out of order and I have no knowledge of those that I was with giving it, I only know that they had to pay to get in and that we were told by many others that they were refused tickets for themselves. We ended up on another night getting tickets from another team who seemed to have plenty,
Would it not be possible to have all the presentations behind the Grandstand as these seem to go down well with the riders and teams.
( I spotted you trying to hide from me at Villa).
As to the marshalls bikes ive just heard that Yamaha are going to replace the bikes being sold of in time for the MGP,
Just goes to show the forums worksmilie
09-06-2008, 03:09 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

He wasn't hiding, Colin... he was in one of his many roles... DJ/MC/sound man!
09-06-2008, 03:57 PM