• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MGP 2008 lack of Marshals
cargo
Unregistered

RE: MGP 2008 lack of Marshals
A furthur offer.............
I've now got Sandy and her friend availble for two evenings practise

I think for now folks need to try and find their own arrangments
Once we are all there maybe we can extend this furthur.

I'ts costing me two diners and a trip to Ronaldsaway and well worth it Wink

Come on guys get your thinking hats on
And please please sign on and marshal even if only for one session
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
VERY SPECIAL OFFER!
Only 2008 MGP Marshals need apply.

Bug##r Off!
I am pleased to confirm that Gorse Lea Marshals have agreed a Manx Grand Prix contract with an internationally famous cosmetics company (the name should ring a bell) for the supply of bottles of their excellent spray at the bargain price of £2.50 each. You may remember that this product has undergone strict field (and hedge) trials at Gorse Lea and achieved the highest scores under testing conditions (the personnel involved in the trials certainly tick that box).
Buy now while stocks last.
Make scratching a thing of the past.

Gorse Lea Marshals - Always up to scratch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ElmeVPQ...re=related

[Image: default.jpg]
01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
I'd laugh if this wasn't so tragic. After the TT07 inquest and the kicking the Marshalling organisation got, I and some others said it could be a hard year to get Marshals. The TT, being the TT, managed OK, which is great, but it's no consolation if the MGP cannot get enough Marshals to run.

In all the years I did the Manx practice week was always marginal on Marshals, and I tried to make a point of getting out on a corner any session when I wasn't riding (and coercing my spanner monkeys out of their pits on morning sessions!). And in 20 years we never lost a session or a race for lack of Marshals. Now of course, with the ACU in charge and the safety nazis in full flow we have to have many more Marshals and you're not a 'real' Marshal if you haven't done all the training and x-number of sessions. Not knocking Marshal training or the experienced hands but switched-on volunteers led by knowledgeable sector chiefs are 99% as good at clearing debris and waving flags as experts. People need to get out and volunteer, and the organisers need to recognise those numbers DO count.

Sadly the new regime has failed to do anything real to improve the situation and now we see the fallout. It's a terrible shame for all the riders who pay through the nose to come over and support the event every year, for the locals who give huge amounts of their time (at no small personal risk given the events of 07) and for those dedicated Orange Army heroes who also give their time and money for the events they all love.

It's about ferkin time the ACU recognised it canot live on other people's dedication, time and money forever.
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Hi Cargo, another thing that could be mentioned at the riders briefing is see if we can arrange transport from within the paddock, say a couple of vans or a minibus to take a group out. That takes another hassle away. If we get these things mentioned early enough then people can arrange bike pick ups using other peoples vans so freeing them up. What do you think, can we pass this on. This year we are going to have to help our selves.
02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Find Reply