Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday and...no practice
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Saturday and...no practice
Hi all..! Figured I would start a solo thread.... for those NOT here... Saturday practice got cancelled, and the weather forecast is not good... but as we all know, it could easily change...

We are all signed in, got numbers etc.... fired up the bike this afternoon.... ready to go..!!

FYI, I heard but not confirmed that Gary Johnson is NOT coming, as is shoulder is not healed..?? Can someone confirm or deny..? Sad, I was hoping to see and hear that MV... Or is someone else going to ride it..???

Look for the Yank Flag in the pits.... although I may not be there depending on weather....

Cheers..!! (and to good / safe racing)...

Ron
17-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Saturday and...no practice
I think we've been rather lucky compared to the Irish:

Widespread chaos caused by floods
Motorist caught in severe floods
As much as three-quarters of the August rainfall fell in a single day

Torrential rain has caused widespread flooding across Northern Ireland, with rivers bursting their banks, landslides and roads cut off.

Police also said two bridges had collapsed and 37 major roads were shut down, including part of the M1 motorway, and a train had derailed.

The Fire and Rescue Service had helped people from their homes in Belfast, counties Down, Armagh and Antrim.

NI Water said its resources had been "overwhelmed" by the deluge.

Some places in central and eastern Northern Ireland saw up to three-quarters of the August rainfall in a single day.

Portglenone in County Antrim had 62mm of rain in 12 hours

The newly constructed Broadway Underpass in west Belfast was under 15ft of flood water, and a train derailed in Country Laois after a landslide on the track.

A section of the central barrier of the Westlink in west Belfast was cut with angle-grinders to allow traffic to be turned away from deep flood water.

Police warned drivers in south Belfast that manhole covers had been lifted out of place and carried along by flood water.

They have also urged motorists not to undertake any journeys unless they were extremely urgent.

"The floods are all over Northern Ireland," said a police spokeswoman.
17-08-2008, 08:26 AM
2 stroke nod Offline

Threads: 4
now you know where the term '40 shades of green' came from

...as for yesterdays weather - it sucked!!
17-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I heard he was hoping to be here if his LEG was ok!
17-08-2008, 09:18 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
The MV might just be relieved at this rumour . . . . . . .

Bonk
17-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I'm reliably informed that his knee, which was the problem, will probably be ok... hope so as I enjoy his antics, and look forward to hearing the MV again.
17-08-2008, 10:54 PM