Heading for Peel...
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Heading for Peel...
So there I was enjoying half an hour or so of tonight's MGP practice at Ballacraine. Lovely night, plenty of bikes out, some fast, some not so fast but all enjoying themselves. But no real excitement to speak of - until about 10 minutes from the end of the session. That was the moment when a competitor apparently forgot that Ballacraine is a right-hand bend, and headed off towards Peel at high speed, nearly taking a photographer with him. A couple of minutes later the said competitor emerged on foot from several hundred yards back down the road and was seen sharing a laugh with the marshals. So, Cargo, did you get yourself an ice cream while you were in Peel?? Yahoo
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2008, 08:31 PM by David Griffiths.)
20-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Heading for Peel...
Unfortunately, the ice cream stores had closed by the time Cargo had arrived there, so he had to make do with a scone delivered from the Scone Palace while he awaited the opening of the roads.

Sounds like a gear selector problem, as he rode the bike back with no problems and the stop at Ballacraine was taken with safety in mind.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply