Poll: Who will win the Senior Classic race?
This poll is closed.
Ryan Farquhar
83.33%
10 83.33%
Alan Oversby
0%
0 0%
Bill Swallow
0%
0 0%
Steve Linsdell
0%
0 0%
Other
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for Monday's Races
Manx Badger Offline

Threads: 10
Predictions for Monday's Races
So practice 'week' (more like 4 days) has come and gone very quickly and now we are getting down to the business end of the meeting. Tomorrow should hopefully see the Newcomers and Senior Classic races, weather permitting, and both races bring the prospect of close contests and are very difficult to call.

Starting with the Newcomers (mainly because I know less about it than the Senior Classic) Class A should be a close thing but I expect the winner to come from either Ivan Lintin, James Redpath, Ryan Kneen or Kevin Fitzpatrick. Kneen was marginally quicker in practice than anyone else and although pratice times admittedly mean very little come raceday, I think the Newcomers' practice times are a better indication of likely movers and shakers than in any other race, as the riders have hopefully had time to find their limits.

I'm going to go for a Kneen, Fitzpatrick, Redpath 1-2-3 although I think this race will go to the wire, especially as Kneen has the pressure of potentially contributing to a family double if his brother Dan wins Class C.

Class C itself, although smaller in size, should be just as interesting and my top 3 is Dan Kneen, Ian Whitlow and Michael Sweeney in that order, to set up a fairytale Kneen double.

The Senior Classic race is theoretically wide open and I think promises to be the enigma that it usually is, due to high machine attrition and the possibility of someone pulling something special out of the bag. If practice times are to be believed, Ryan Farquhar is the hands-down favourite and I think the Paton will hold together for the 4-lap distance and give him his second Senior Classic win in as many years, even if the purists would rather see a single take the spoils. Gary Johnson's MV has struggled in practice to get close to the top of the leaderboard and I am going to stick my neck on the line and predict a mid-race retirement. I expect Alan Oversby to be close, if the Craven Manx doesn't break, and both Steve Linsdell and Bill Swallow should be there or thereabouts, although Linsdell has struggled all week to match the pace of Farquhar on a virtually identical bike. Swallow will doubtless be looking for a podium at the very least, on his return to the Manx.

Speaking of Swallows, watch out for Bill's son Chris on Bob Millinship's immaculate 476 Ducati. Starting at no. 33, Swallow Jnr is bidding to become the first man to lap at over 100mph on a Ducati in the Classic Manx Grand Prix. Having achieved 99.7mph in practice, the odds are very much in favour of the Yorkshireman. Also worthy of mention are newcomers Fernando Mendes (who clocked a very impressive 92.420mph fastest lap in practice and has jumped from 71 on the start list to 49) and no. 67 Patrick Walker, who recovered from a spill at May Hill on Monday evening to qualify his slightly scuffed Manx Norton.

If the race follows an ideal script then John Goodall will win the 25th anniversary of the Senior Classic and break the 110mph barrier!!

Here's my Senior Classic Top 10 prediction:

1. Ryan Farquhar
2. Alan Oversby
3. Bill Swallow
4. Steve Linsdell
5. John Goodall
6. Allan Brew
7. Tony Myers
8. Paul Coward
9. Chris Swallow
10. Keith Dixon
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2008, 11:18 PM by Manx Badger.)
24-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: Predictions for Monday's Races
Ah first we get a morning delay..... hurry up and wait..!!

Have a safe fun race everyone....

Cheers..!!

Ron
25-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Find Reply