Proposed changes to the MGP programme
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme
cargo Wrote:There are problems to consider if we are to think about allowing 1000cc superstock type bikes into the Senior Manx GP.

First off the safety lobby will have something to say even if the bikes are not full on Superbikes the headline will be 1000cc superbikes.............note the small s.

And then there is for me the more serious problem of policing it.
Superstock rules are very complex and a lot of time and money would have to be spent checking bikes to make sure they complied with what ever version of Superstock rules are to be applied. It is frankly a logistical nightmare....................

I'm not saying it can't be done but what I am saying is that I'm not prepared to pay for all this checking and measuring of engines the current rules are easy to enforce..........Superstock rules are most definatly NOT

formula rules that sorts that out cargo (open rules)

as for the headlines i dont buy it ..........plenty of riders new to the course at the t.t on 1000,s with the same licence as me national and course licence with a lot less experience than a lot of us.

know then the course licence well its here SO get on with it stop moaning about it and learn to live with it........yer well maybe a 8 lap mallory or darley moor or where ever does not maybe help you around the t.t course BUT saying that at least everybody should be sharp because at least they have been racing. I personally just see it as some thing i have to accomplish to be good enough to compete on the worlds finest road race course. nothing more

since the intrduction of the course licence have you noticed that all the races have become a lot more competive. middfield at the manx these days is not hanging about replica times have risen a hell of alot. maybe just maybe its because of the course licence that the standard of riding has risen and there does seem to be less incidents which none of us want. and at the end of the day its not so much the acu but the insurance companys demanding it.

thats all i,ve got to say about that subject and is my personal veiw and i dont need quoteing on the subject.

yours andy.
17-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by cargo - 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by thewitch - 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by thewitch - 05-09-2008, 10:50 AM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by cargo - 08-09-2008, 09:11 AM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by thewitch - 08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by thewitch - 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by cargo - 17-09-2008, 02:39 PM
RE: Proposed changes to the MGP programme - by andy kirk - 17-09-2008, 09:01 PM