North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender
CH1 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender
FC - Can I ask what planet do you live on ?

The TV Coverage for the TT (Nothing to do with the Southern or MGP)
went to tender, within the tender brief it would outline what was needed by the holder of the contract, it would also ask what the contract holder would be putting back in i.e MONEY.

Now........Greenlight would have also put in a tender and that would have full details of what it though was the best way forward for the TT and the coverage of the event. It would appear that the DTL and or whoever looked at the two documents (+ others we don't know about) and thought.............this one looks better and gives back more money to the TT.

PP has said many times on this and other forums and in public......The commercial side of the TT has too stack up and money needs to come back in. This money is used for the safety side of the event, for many years the TT has not had the rewards it should have had, through its commercial standing and promise
(not verbatim but close !)

As a MANX TAX PAYER I don't want to see my tax go up year on year to be spent on events which bring nothing to the Island or take money off it. The TT (Too survive) needs to have money but that money can not come from central government. If you want to be associated with the TT and have your company up in lights, then you have to pay for the pleasure.

Now, if you want to start on the car thing lets go...........Ask yourself this - How much did Jaguar and Rover pay to have their cars paraded in front of thousands of spectators during the TT? in fact how much did the local dealer pay?

Audi wanted to support the TT, as did Mychreests, it went to tender and the Audi deal stood up better (I guess?) more money?

Your problem is FC, your in the TRADITIONAL frame of mind, Tradition does not run Motorcycle events, get this word out of your head and think of the future. The IOM Gov are a voted body and as such they have to have accountability, every penny spent needs to have a business mind behind it...................FACT

If you feel you could do it better, stay off forums (Which are here to support the event) and run to be an MHK and when you voted in you will see what the political world looks like.

I await your educated reply.
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 02:59 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by CH1 - 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM