North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender
FC
Unregistered

RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender
CH1

If and when Greenlight decide to leave the IOM to a country that will offer them the incentives to relocate and create new jobs, please by all means you tell the Locals that have to lose their jobs or leave the Island they Love.
The decisions being made by the DTL, I have to laugh smilie, I have seen what their decisions are like first hand in a long running court case that I was involved with, only to hear the Judge declare that the department is not capable of making financial decisions. This department was getting ripped off to the Tune of £97k by the ex CM of the Island and only for me I ensured that they got the money back BIG FACT.
But getting back on track yes I would agree the Races have to start funding themselves but at what expense. North One are a UK company and any moneys made will be taxed in the UK prior to reaching the TT. Who now has the contract to produce the after market DVDs, that market could also be lost in a couple of ways as viewers will now record the races rather than buy a DVD, possible job loses for Duke Ltd. Why can the Government not sit down with Greenlight and work out a solution and a way forward for the benefit of all sides thus protecting jobs and maybe creating new jobs, By way of Government help to Greenlight just imagine what this company could achieve, which would help both parties on the world stage.
You then have to think about the other meetings that the Island has, the S100 and the MGP, coverage of these meetings was done by Greenlight at what I believe to be a loss, but it was their contribution to the races. These clubs used to get a few quid back from the sale of the DVDs produced that has now been lost and for the S100 club every penny helps (the best little club in the world).
A bit of honesty from the Government would help too, I would refer to another posting where some of the officials of the MGP were having the impression that the Government has a hidden agenda over the MGP and that was to withdraw any help in a hope the meeting would die off, do you want that.
The Isle of Man is known for being a world financial centre and has many companies here that could provide the sponsorship to run the TT, why have these companies not been approached I can tell you, its image and that is where in my opinion a mistake will be made if the TT is Broadcast live. If a Major sponsor is brought in how would their image look if while the race they are sponsoring is being broadcast live and a fatality occurs, the damage is done which cant be reversed.
Yes we have Paul Phillips and his team working hard at the TT doing a job he knows well and I would much rather see Paul left alone to work on the races and riders, instead of being slagged off at every opportunity.

The Isle of Man Governent changed the laws of the land to allow bikes and cars to race on the public roads of the Island in a bid to give the Tourist trade an early start to its season and create employment.
A final note, nearly all successful motor racing events are run and controlled by wealthy EXPERIENCED business men or woman, something the event has not got.
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Messages In This Thread
North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 02:59 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by thewitch - 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
RE: North One Wins Isle of Man TT Races TV tender - by FC - 10-09-2008, 05:22 PM