DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17
DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER
GARRY DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER.

After a career spanning nearly three decades from schoolboy moto-x, through to winning a solo British title and a successful sidecar driver. Garry has decided to retire from racing after his near fatal accident at Scarborough two month’s ago. He still faces a long road to recovering from the multi fractures.

Garry commented, I’ve had a fantastic career and achieved far more than I ever imagined when started out racing. But now the time has come to call it a day. There is no sport like road racing meeting so many great people over the years, fans and my fellow competitors alike.

I’d like to thank all the people who have supported me over the years, my parents Ella and Ivor for giving me the opportunity to live my dream, and providing me with the best machinery. To my partner Gaynor who’s been my rock through all the hard times, and without her determination over the past two month’s standing up to Drs whilst in Scarborough, I doubt if very much if I would be still alive, and her two daughters Amber and Charlotte who have to been an immense support also, my own daughter Carrie seeing her Dad survive two horrific accidents.

I would like to stay involved in racing whether it be running my own team along with Gaynor or coaching to up and coming riders. I also intend to take my private pilots license once my injuries allow, and pursue my golfing with Gaynor. Thank you to everyone who’s been in touch with texts cards and phone calls. See you all in 2009.

Garry
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
23-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER
Eric will be wanting you for his TT tournament, Garry!
23-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Golf Garry, not snooker then smilie
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
24-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Website Find Reply
eric Offline

Threads: 13
The Bag Wrote:Golf Garry, not snooker then smilie

your dead right there if you are fit we will have you in our TT Golf Day
We have had a good response to sponsorship and we are very near being fully booked up for teams but if you are quick anyone else may just get in with all money going to Rob Vine Fund and JDF
listen out on Manx Radio Sport for an interview with Nick Jefferies this week (got in trouble for spelling Nick's name wrong)
24-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Go for it, Garry... Gaynor, do you play golf?
24-09-2008, 09:19 PM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
They're much better at snooker from what they tell me smilie
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
26-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Website Find Reply
eric Offline

well Gary and Gaynor are signed up for the golf i think they will be in Simon Neary's team with one other
as of today we have 20 teams so only 3 left so anyone thinking about it needs to contact me now ( i know it has only 18 holes but 2 teams can play on the long par 5s )
We still have a few holes available for sponsorships if any body knows any rich companies put them in touch also any donations for prizes would be most welcome so we dont have to spend the sponsors money just give it all to the JDF and Rob Vine Fund.
Any riders out there that would like to come down and meet the competitors at the begining or the end get in touch it would be nice to see some of you and support the charities we will even give you a cup of tea and a bap
We are open to spectators and we hope to have a good raffle so come down to Bride on the Friday for a look
One more request so as we can save money does anyone on the Island know where we could beg borrow or pay for (very cheap ) a large Marquee to hold about 120 people if so let me know please
eric_corkish@manx.net
many thanks for all the support so far
26-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Eric... never thought I would say this BUT... YOU ARE A STAR!
26-09-2008, 11:01 PM
eric Offline

just love doing it should be a good day but wont be able to play in it if all goes as it is we are lookin 3 grand to the 2 charities between them
and you never know maybe more
26-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

We'll need to have a chat and see what can be done. This is too big to let it go without maximum exploitation!
Catch you soon, Eric.
26-09-2008, 11:25 PM