Seeley - JMF Split
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley - JMF Split
A Press Release from the wizard

In the 2008 Superstock class of the British Superbike series Alastair Seeley rode an R1 Yamaha machine into fourth spot for sponsor Rea Estates while at home in Ireland he rode the JMF Millsport Yamahas winning the North West 200 and Mondello Masters events. As well as North West Superstock win he was also on the podium twice in the Supersport class finishing second to Steve Plater on both occasions.

In its short history JMF Millsport has been essentially a pure road racing team but wanted one of Ireland's best riders on their bikes so persuaded Seeley to ride their bikes at all his events in 2009 and as a result Seeley's sponsors Rea Estates, William Watt Cars Sales, DB Tiles,Northern Lift, Slemish Water, Knox, Arai, Berik and Arlen Ness. All agreed to join forces with JMF Millsport to provide bikes for the prestigious British Superstock series and Ireland's premier event, the North West 200 as well as the Mondello Masters series.

However, JMF Millsport have now decided they don't want to be traveling to England for the BSB series and want to concentrate on the road races and are in talks with American rider Jimmy Moore. After winning the first round of the Superstock championship at Brands Hatch Seeley has been working hard trying to find another Yamaha in time for second round at Oulton Park on the 4th of May. The problem lies with the supply of the new Yamahas because they are only just starting to arrive into the country and are all spoken for. Two bikes were ear marked for Seeley by Yamaha UK but these have been delivered to JMF Millsport, now not racing in England, leaving him with an uphill battle to find something to ride at Oulton Park consequently is having to consider Suzuki or Honda machinery because of the difficulty in getting the much sought after Yamaha R1.

Seeley said “Its very disappointing for this to happen especially after
having such a good start to the BSB season. JMF wanted me to ride under their banner all year so I abandoned my own team from last year to ride for them and now I have to rebuild that team in such a short space of time. It isn't an impossible task and am working at it because I don't want to let anyone down and I do feel my sponsors have been let down, they are more disappointed than me at the moment with the way things have turned out.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Website Find Reply